Walk Hard The Dewey Cox Story

Bigfish

Walk Hard The Dewey Cox Story
« on: 12 Apr 2008, 08:16 pm »
I watched this movie this afternoon due to storms passing through.  John C. Reilly gave an excellent performance and was quite funny.  I enjoyed the movie and would give it maybe 7 stars out of 10.

Ken

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
Re: Walk Hard The Dewey Cox Story
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2008, 09:20 pm »
I saw this one last night and had a good time, if you like Will Ferrell's stuff then this one will please for sure.  I liked this one better than some Ferrell stuff like Anchorman fir instance.  My wife passed but I told her later that she probably would have had a nice laugh. Recommended.

jazzcourier

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2008, 01:27 am »
This movie is a real hoot,and a banquet for music lovers.The inside,and outside jokes are aplenty.Instead of Sun records,it's Planet records.The movie starts to crawl when the Beatles segment unfolds,but does get back up again.Just silly stuff.Better mention Mel Brooks AND Woody Allen.Got to give props to the masters of sthictk,and ethnic lampooning.Just a wonderful,confident and over the top performance by the star.Gotta love the rap guy,when he,"nutsack" collaborates with Cox.I guess the tearing out of the sinks was a metaphor for bathroom humor in general.

ajzepp

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2008, 12:23 am »
Watched this last night and it had me rollin'...overall the movie is solid, but the first 30 min in particular is very, very funny. John C. Reilly is a master of comedic timing and delivery, much better than some give him credit for. There were several lines that were funny, but the manner in which he delivered them took it to another level.  :thumb:

Folsom

« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2008, 06:23 am »
I liked some of it but for the most part it was not that funny after maybe midway through.