Anyone Have A Solution To This Problem

Mister Pig

• "when pigs fly"
    • Affordable Audio/Positive Feedback Online writer
Anyone Have A Solution To This Problem
« on: 12 Apr 2008, 03:35 pm »
Hello,

Not a keyboard jockey, but do enjoy using the SB3 in my system. Have a Bolder modified Squeezebox. Music is stored on an external Western Digital hard drive. Labeled drive K:. Music browser is iTunes, we have a couple of IPODS so it makes sense to have only one music library. Slimserver 6.5.4 is installed, and I would prefer to use this one versus say 7.0.

Here's the problem. Certain discs do not make it from iTunes to the Slimserver program. I can see them and play them in itunes, but no matter what, the SB3 won't pick them up. I have tried erasing the disc in iTunes, and rip it again, but no good. Thought my Slimserver program may have gotten corrupted, so I cleaned it off, and reinstalled. Still no luck picking up the disc. There are a handful of discs that just don't make it, and I would like to find a way to fix this.

Computer skills are admittedly limited, but I find the SB so darn convenient that I want to fix this problem. I did look at the tracks in iTunes and can find no problems with the basic tags. But do not know how to get farther into the program in order to see if there are any other issues.

If anyone can point me in the direction needed to solve this problem. I would be quite grateful. Tried Logitech customer support, but they were unable to help. Also tried the boards on the Slimserver website, but no response either. Course most people there are running the alternate music server programs. given our family music player situation, I sure would like to keep iTunes in place.

Regards
Mister Pig

Big Red Machine

Re: Anyone Have A Solution To This Problem
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2008, 03:51 pm »
There is a screen where you can reload the entire library.  Have you tried that versus just searching for new music?

Mister Pig

• "when pigs fly"
    • Affordable Audio/Positive Feedback Online writer
Re: Anyone Have A Solution To This Problem
« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2008, 04:03 pm »
There is a screen where you can reload the entire library.  Have you tried that versus just searching for new music?

Yes, cleared the library and reloaded. That wont find the discs either. And they are clearly located in the iTunes library.

Regards
Mister Pig