Dennis Murphy's surgery

jsalk

Dennis Murphy's surgery
« on: 7 Apr 2008, 04:09 pm »
Just a head's up for those who are interested. 

Dennis Murphy is undergoing heart surgery today.  For those would would like to send a card or flowers, he is at the Suburban Hospital, 8600 Old Georgetown Rd., Bethesda, MD 20814.

I will pass along any information I receive regarding the outcome of his surgery and his recovery.

- Jim

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
Re: Dennis Murphy's surgery
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2008, 04:16 pm »
Just a head's up for those who are interested. 

Dennis Murphy is undergoing heart surgery today.  For those would would like to send a card or flowers, he is at the Suburban Hospital, 8600 Old Georgetown Rd., Bethesda, MD 20814.

I will pass along any information I receive regarding the outcome of his surgery and his recovery.

- Jim

Dennis told me of it last week.  We all are praying for his speedy recovery.

Shek Mark

Frisco

« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2008, 04:23 pm »
Hi Jim,

This is your possible Hawaiian connection....please pass along my best wishes and speedy recovery to Dennis.....Thank you

Nels Ferre

« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2008, 04:45 pm »
Praying for a speedy recovery as well, and looking forward to the updates as you have them.

Paul K.

« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2008, 06:25 pm »
I sure hope everything goes very well and Dennis can soon return to a normal life.  It appears this was not an emergency situation in that he told others last week about his upcoming surgery, so I think that bodes well for a successful operation and complete recovery.  Jim, please tell Dennis I'm thinking of him and wishing him the best.
Paul Kittinger

R Swerdlow

« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2008, 06:53 pm »
I sure hope everything goes very well and Dennis can soon return to a normal life.  It appears this was not an emergency situation in that he told others last week about his upcoming surgery, so I think that bodes well for a successful operation and complete recovery.  Jim, please tell Dennis I'm thinking of him and wishing him the best.

Paul - Apparently, Dennis has known about this for a number of years.  He told me, a few weeks ago, that his doctor had advised him to wait until the valve had deteriorated enought to warrant the surgery.  I guess that recently happened.  Dennis seemed cheerful and ready to get it done.  He seems to be in good physical condition and I hope his recovery is quick.  April 7 is certainly a lucky date.  My fingers are crossed, and I hope everyone else has theirs similarly arranged.

Jim - We will all anxiously, but patiently, wait for news from you.

Richard

jackman

« Reply #6 on: 7 Apr 2008, 07:52 pm »
Jim,

Thanks for the information, I will send my best regards to Dennis and keep him in my thoughts and prayers.  He's a great guy and I hope he gets back in action very quickly.  Please keep us posted on his recovery.

Regards,

Jack

TomW16

« Reply #7 on: 7 Apr 2008, 09:17 pm »
Thanks for letting us know Jim!  We wish Dennis a full and speedy recovery.

Tom

BikeWNC

« Reply #8 on: 7 Apr 2008, 11:20 pm »
I wish Dennis the best for a successful procedure and a quick recovery.

Andy

jsalk

Monday Evening Update
« Reply #9 on: 8 Apr 2008, 12:39 am »
Monday evening update:

Dennis made it through surgery in good shape and his doctors considered it a success. 

The report was that his heart valve was in pretty poor shape.  So it was good that he had the surgery when he did.

When you replace a heart valve, you have to open up the chest.  So I'm sure Dennis is not all that comfortable right now.  But his doctors say they will try to get him up and walking tomorrow.

If all goes well, he will be headed home by the end of the week.

I'll provide updates as more information becomes available.

- Jim

birdliver

« Reply #10 on: 8 Apr 2008, 12:42 am »
Said some prayers for Dennis this afternoon, hoping to hear before long that all went well. -ko

Toka

« Reply #11 on: 8 Apr 2008, 01:57 am »
Best wishes to Dennis...my father had what sounds like the same exact surgery a few years ago and it was a bit rough for the first few days afterwards...thankfully, things were much, much better from then on.

R Swerdlow

« Reply #12 on: 8 Apr 2008, 02:15 am »
Thanks Jim for passing on the good news.  I'm relieved to hear it.

jbtrio

« Reply #13 on: 8 Apr 2008, 02:26 am »

I hope Dennis a fast and full recovery, my Mom had her valve replaced a few years ago and thankfully she is fine now. Our prayers go out to Dennis.

AliG

« Reply #14 on: 8 Apr 2008, 02:27 am »
What a relief to learn that things are going well for Dennis!

Thanks Jim for sharing.

gthomas

« Reply #15 on: 8 Apr 2008, 03:06 am »
Great to hear all is well.  Mary and I are praying for him.

Gene

idiotec

« Reply #16 on: 8 Apr 2008, 03:07 am »
Great to hear it was a success.  Our thoughts and prayers will be with him.

jholtz

« Reply #17 on: 8 Apr 2008, 03:09 am »
That is great news! Please give my best to Dennis. He's had me worried with this heart thing and it's great to hear he's came through it well. My youngest daughter had open heart surgery when she was 3 so I know 1st hand just how serious this is. She came through it with flying colors too.  :D

Best regards,

Jim Holtz

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #18 on: 8 Apr 2008, 04:29 am »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dennis....all the best !!! :thumb:

mcullinan

« Reply #19 on: 8 Apr 2008, 01:28 pm »
Dennis Get Better Soon!
Mike