Zu Ibis speaker cables - anyone get discounts?

Big Red Machine

Zu Ibis speaker cables - anyone get discounts?
« on: 7 Apr 2008, 12:12 pm »
I was thinking about giving these speaker cables a whirl and was wondering if anyone knows where to pay less than retail, which is something I avoid like the plague.

sts9fan

Re: Zu Ibis speaker cables - anyone get discounts?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2008, 12:47 pm »
They are on audiogon all the time.  There is a pair of biwires there right now for stupid cheap.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2008, 01:03 pm »
They are on audiogon all the time.  There is a pair of biwires there right now for stupid cheap.
$600 for speaker cables is "stupid cheap"?  are you sure the +$2k retail price isn't "stupid expensive"?   :lol:

don't get me wrong - i am presently running a pair of single-wire ibis, & i think they are nice cables.  but, i got mine really stupid cheap, & i wouldn't have gotten 'em otherwise, as my tara labs rsc prime 1000 is also nice.  and i also think cat5 makes excellent speaker cable.  a buddy of mine is sending me as freebie two pairs of speltz anti-cables; looking forward to giving them a try.

doug s.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2008, 01:07 pm »

I missed those! :duh:

sts9fan

« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2008, 03:08 pm »
Well I am running Bluejean Belden 10ga that cost me $45 so I agree.  I was just talking in terms of retail not value.

Kris 

Mags

« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2008, 05:01 pm »
I recently upgraded from Zu Julian to Ibis, and WOW! Sooo muuch more detail and air - it really is astonishing. I got them for ~30% off lightly used on Agon. As long as the used cables aren't abused in some way, they should be just as good as new - after all, what can happen to a cable?

lcrim

« Reply #6 on: 7 Apr 2008, 08:00 pm »
Zu has an eBay cable store and sell a large part of their cable lineup there.  You can generally get a very good deal on most of their cables.  They don't auction the top of their line IC, Varial on eBay but their best digital cable the Ash, is usually available.
Edit: I just checked on the Ibis and it must be too high endy to be included.  Sorry

sts9fan

« Reply #7 on: 7 Apr 2008, 08:06 pm »
They only go as high as the Wax on ebay

Big Red Machine

« Reply #8 on: 7 Apr 2008, 08:10 pm »
I bought the set on Agon.  I missed them at first but at that price it is worth it for a try.