Peace Car with USB input ?

oris98

Peace Car with USB input ?
« on: 30 Mar 2008, 12:24 am »
Hi Steve,

I am not sure if there is such an option for getting a USB input to the peace car and go I2S output to DAC1 ?    If not, will you consider that be an option in the future ?  Thanks.

Also, can I assume that if freeway I2S or off-ramp I2S going to the peace car compared to SB3 going to the peace car, they both sound the same with the exception that the freeway / offramp can upsample to 24/96 over the SB3 16/44.1.  Freeway I2S should still out perform SB3 sonically ? 

Thanks!

audioengr

Re: Peace Car with USB input ?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2008, 04:43 am »
Hi Steve,

I am not sure if there is such an option for getting a USB input to the peace car and go I2S output to DAC1 ?    If not, will you consider that be an option in the future ?  Thanks.

Also, can I assume that if freeway I2S or off-ramp I2S going to the peace car compared to SB3 going to the peace car, they both sound the same with the exception that the freeway / offramp can upsample to 24/96 over the SB3 16/44.1.  Freeway I2S should still out perform SB3 sonically ? 

Thanks!

There is not enough space inside the Pace-Car to add USB interface.  Maybe in a bigger box.

The Freeway I2S would be a good choice because you can drive the DAC directly or through the Pace-Car with it.  The Freeway I2S should beat the SB3 by itself, but they all sound the same through the Pace-Car.

I do not plan to add USB interface to the Pace-Car because it is the minority of purchasers that are willing to send their laptops to me so that I can tune it as a type 2.  Most of the Pace-Car buyers use Wi-Fi servers with it.

Steve N.