Isabella, welcome ma belle -:)

IronLion

Re: Isabella, welcome ma belle -:)
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2008, 01:57 pm »
Great to finally see what Vinnie's preamp looks like.  As Vinnie points out in the post, it does cost more than I had anticipated but I'm sure it will sound good too, though it will have a good amount of competition in that price range as well.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2008, 02:14 pm »
Thanks to Srajan at 6moons for posting this!  8) 8) 8)

There will be more pics (especially showing inside the unit) in a few weeks.  The current prototype unit is using a prototype PCB and we are still waiting on the new style remote stepped attenuator volume control (which is going to be very nice!). 

While we'll have this prototype at the Montreal show next week for all to listen, I can't give a firm "production date" at this time.  There are still a few key parts that need to be made, and anyone in manufacturing knows that suppliers quote lead-times, but these are not always accurate  :duh:  Maybe by the end of April, but again, I will not promise this or take pre-orders until we are ready for production.  All I can say with total confidence is that Isabella will be well worth the cost and wait!  :wink:

As always thank you for your continued interst and support, and I'll keep you all posted when new info and pics are available.

Vinnie

vsr123

« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2008, 02:41 pm »
congrats Vinnie!

cheers
Sri

mcullinan

« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2008, 02:48 pm »
Is there going to be a Dac only version of the Isabella. I was interested in the DAC.
Mike

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 28 Mar 2008, 03:00 pm »
All,

I forgot to post this about the pricing:

We will be offering a 10% discount on the Isabella, either version, to anyone who has purchased (or will purchase with the Isabella) a Signature 30.2 or 70.2's (or has purchased "full upgrade" services to their 30 or 70) from RWA. 

Is there going to be a Dac only version of the Isabella. I was interested in the DAC.

This is something that we are considering offering later. 

Best regards,

Vinnie

Afterimage

« Reply #6 on: 28 Mar 2008, 07:32 pm »
Great to finally see what Vinnie's preamp looks like.  As Vinnie points out in the post, it does cost more than I had anticipated but I'm sure it will sound good too, though it will have a good amount of competition in that price range as well.

One way to look at it is, if  this thing is killer, it may  save you money in the long run.    I know I have learned a lot of hard lessons with gear and wish I could have done things differently at times which would have saved me some money.  I think or am hoping with The Red Wine Lineup I won't feel the need to upgrade or get system "sounding right or the way I want to" so often. 

nature boy

« Reply #7 on: 28 Mar 2008, 07:42 pm »
Way to go Vinny dude :thumb:

NB

-Richard-

« Reply #8 on: 28 Mar 2008, 09:46 pm »
Hi Vinnie ~

The Isabella is bella!!!!!!!

I love the look... clean... stylish... post modern Bauhaus chic!!!!!

I am certain it contains as much of your genius for extracting musical magic as my Signature 70.2.

Warmest Regards ~ Richard

Fork

• Industry Participant
  • (855) JAGAUDIO
    • JaguarAudioDesign.com
« Reply #9 on: 28 Mar 2008, 10:23 pm »
Wow Vinny,

You've got me feeling like a kid waiting for a trip to Disney World.

The attention you're devoting on this unit to come as close to perfection as possible is inspiring.  I wasn't anticipating the AC switch, though I read a posting about it from another member and the 10% discount for existing customers (as well as the long notice on the price increase) is the right way to do business.  Little doubt there will be a lot of these units sold very quickly.

Cheers

Bucky

« Reply #10 on: 29 Mar 2008, 04:03 am »
Bummer on the price!  I had been holding out based on the earlier 3K estimate, but looks like i'll be going for my 2nd option.  Good luck.  I'm sure it sounds great though. 

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #11 on: 30 Mar 2008, 02:50 am »
Nice Vinnie.....good luck ....and have a great showing in Montreal....!!! :beer:

Chris

Toka

« Reply #12 on: 30 Mar 2008, 06:44 am »
Looks awesome!  :thumb: Would live to hear it some day.

Fork

• Industry Participant
  • (855) JAGAUDIO
    • JaguarAudioDesign.com
« Reply #13 on: 30 Mar 2008, 07:25 pm »
I think I see where some of the disappointment is coming from on the pricing of Isabella.  While the 10% repeat-customer discount would bring the $4,000 price of the Preamp close to Vinny's initially projected price of $3,000-3,500, some of the earlier postings about Isabella seemed to indicate that the DAC would be included as part of the Preamp...thus a $1,500-2,000 hike above what many were anticipating.

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
« Reply #14 on: 30 Mar 2008, 07:28 pm »
Beautiful looking piece of kit, as they say.
The look will never age.
Great job of keeping the same size/dimensions as the 30.2 & 70.2.
Now I'll have to avoid reading all the great reviews that will follow
and rationalize how my soon, to possess, upgraded 30.2 is all I will
need to keep me happy.

Congrats!

nonoise

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #15 on: 31 Mar 2008, 02:08 am »
Thank you for all your posts!

We're very excited to get the Isabella into production as soon as possible, but we cannot rush
perfecting it (and it is getting close!).  I'm confident that Isabella will set a new standard
in sonic bliss at this price range. 

No matter if you are using a high-powered SS amp, a flea-powered SET amp, our Signature amplifiers
(for those of you with the finest of tastes  :green:), or any other high quality amplifier... the Isabella
will bring your listening experience to higher level of enjoyment  :singing:

Thanks again for all your interest and support (and patience),

Vinnie

texendo

« Reply #16 on: 5 May 2008, 03:03 am »
Hey Vinnie, any update on an ETA for this thing?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 5 May 2008, 04:02 pm »
Hey Vinnie, any update on an ETA for this thing?

Hi texendo,

We've added futher refinements to the design and its sounds even better than what we had at the Montreal show last month!  While this delayed our original ETA of late April / early May, will believe it will be well worth the wait :wink:

Right now we are waiting for the latest re-spin of the preamp main board (on the way) to arrive and will carefully test it, and then order the production batch of boards.  Many parts are here and we are gearing up for production.  We are still not accepting any orders until we have ALL parts in stock and are ready to begin production.

I understand that many of you are patiently waiting for Isabella and I really appreciate all your interest and support.  I can say with total confidence that the Isabella will be well-worth waiting for and will exceed your expectations!

No fine wine will be served before its time, and its getting closer to that time!  aa

Best regards,

Vinnie

texendo

« Reply #18 on: 5 May 2008, 05:52 pm »
sweet.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #19 on: 11 May 2008, 02:30 am »
Right now we are waiting for the latest re-spin of the preamp main board (on the way) to arrive and will carefully test it, and then order the production batch of boards.

UPDATE: The latest REV of the Isabella board has arrived!  The layout is very nice... very clean signal paths and all.  We will be building it this week and putting it through bench testing and listening testing.  We hope to have it validated within 2 weeks, and then we'll be ordering the first official production batch of boards  aa

The dac board is almost finished as well!

I'll be reporting more updates soon,

Vinnie