Offer to owners of old Acoustic Reality preamp

Peter

« on: 11 Oct 2003, 11:07 pm »
Brian Cheney wrote:

I listened to the EAR 2 on the RM 40 at Soundguy's house for about 8 hours recently, and it impressed me with a clean, clear presentation. My only criticism is that it sounded somewhat hard. Breakin and warmup may ameliorate that impression.

Dear Brian Cheney,
You also listened to our old preamp, which was not designed in-house and today it is NOT my cup of tea. Therefore we offer our customers, who owns the old one, an inexpensively upgrade.
The "hard" sound has been solved with our new preamp designs, we have two new preamps, one inexpensively and one that are very reasonably priced (with the lowest distortion of any preamps in the World, THD just 0.0001%).
I really think you may like our inexpensively new preamp better, because it sounds more "tube alike", without the normal color of tubes, but just the sound of extremely high-end tubes.

In case you are interested we could do something together, may be for the next CES. We have an in-room Bass Q-controller that you may be very interesting in (it will remove the 180 degree bass phase error of any speaker and will let any speaker fit into any room). That's an offer to you, I am ready to support, I would like to call you too!

With the best regards,
Peter - www.Acoustic-Reality.com

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
zr1600
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2003, 12:19 am »
Having just spoken on the phone for an hour with Peter Thompsen I am eager to hear some of his latest products.

As strange as he sounds on the web, Peter is actually quite rational on the phone.

I look forward to hearing his new products.

Jay S

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2003, 02:01 am »
I think this will be very exciting.  Do keep us in the loop.  I haven't heard any hardness traceable to my eAR amp, either at my place or at Guan's, in spite of all the different components and cables we've thrown at it.  I had a few long chats with Peter around the time I got my eAR amp (hard to believe its been over a year already).

Peter

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2003, 02:12 am »
Hi Jay,

We are working hard on a 100% distortion-less preamplification module to the eAR power amps, with digital DSD and SPDIF input, else it would not be possible. That means all the eAR power amps can be upgraded, I still can't say the price and the release date, but our prices are reasonable as you know.

However, many like "colors", but actually, the "colors" (= distortion) has nothing to do with "audiophile" listening, IMO.

With the best regards,
Peter