new product

Peter

new product
« on: 12 Oct 2003, 12:46 am »
Our next product is a DSD input and a SPDIF input to the eAR One MKII and the eAR Two MKII power amplifiers, however, not released before it has "killed'" the analog input with a good preamp.
We are working on this project and both amplifiers will be possible to upgrade for the price difference with a new power amp containing the DSD and the SPDIF inputs.

The most interesting thing may be the DIGITAL volume control, which is performed 100% in the digital domain and has NO DISTORTION AT ALL, regardless of anything.

With the best regards,
Peter - http://www.Acoustic-Reality.com

azryan

new product
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2003, 07:55 pm »
So...

I could send you my eARTwo, and you'd replace it w/ a new one w/ these digital inputs on it for the price diff.?

And it would have a digtal volume control on it? Or would that be on a sepp. preamp module?

How would it handle DSD in multichanel SACD's? Or would it only work w/ 2-chan SACD?

I guess this all sounds great, but I'm confused?

I want the best 2-chan. I can put together, but I do also need to use my eARTwo in my HT, so I'd also need it to hook to my HT pre/pro.

Also, what about a 100% digital connection for DVD-A?

I'd hate to have SACD digital, but still need analog cables for DVD-A.

Thanks Peter!

Peter

new product
« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2003, 10:52 pm »
Hi Azryan,

when you set up the amplifier it should be possible to program the amplifier to specify which channel to run (when the amp is set up run in multi-channel systems).

Only SPDIF and DSD will be possible, no analog inputs (there are not space for that).

Currently don't believe in DVD-A, the number of released albums are too small compared to SACD and it will take a lot of time before we will see more DVD-A than SACD albums. Also because I do believe more in Sony and Philips.

What about fire-wire?
I would very much like to have this interface, but it is VERY difficult to make and will not be made before I can get a chip that can handle this.

We have two other projects that are coming out before this one.

However, if or when the digital input with digital volume control will be released it WILL be possible to upgrade all eAR Two and eAR Two MKII power amplifiers for the price difference to a new, but it will certainly not be released in 2003 (we are moving to other facilities and more...).

Best regards,
Peter

rkapadia@ROOP

• Industry Participant
new product
« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2003, 02:36 am »
Peter,

To my understanding, the ICE power module modulates an analog signal.  Have you changed the ICE module to accept a SPDIF or DSD datastream native?  Or is your SPDIF input some form of D/A converter similar to an external DAC?

Kind Regards,

Rup