C4 pre

viny*loco

C4 pre
« on: 25 Mar 2008, 08:53 am »
Hello Roger!!!

thanks for show me the audio circle  :icon_lol: it's very helpfull for me

I'm from Argentina and Spanish is my native language so sorry for my primitive English... :oops:

I will buy you the C4 pre soon
this is my system:
Basis tt w/Vector tonearm
Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood cartridge
MAGENTA FZ47 DB phono stage
SFL-2 pre-amp (soon i will change it... C4 its your turn!)
two RM9 amps (one per channel-not bridged )
Mirage M1 speakers
so i will request your advise to obtain the best sound in my system in future days

Long life to Vinyl!!! :banana piano:

Ericus Rex

Re: C4 pre
« Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2008, 06:33 pm »
Looks like you probably have great sound already!  Order the C4!  That's my only suggestion.

viny*loco

« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2008, 06:30 am »
Yes Ericus Rex, the sound is very nice now but i'm looking for a real cristal sound, totally natural... i want to reproduce the music as was recorded

gregdee

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2009, 10:25 am »
hi Sergio

I am curious after Roger's c4 ,and also familar with SFI L-2 / 3 sound.
This topic is a bit old now ,but it's good ,due to you probably have already your C4 on the hand.

If you do ,please share your opinions about with me

greg

chadh

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2009, 02:19 pm »

Greg,

Just so you know, I believe that Roger's C4 is currently out of production.  For a while, he had someone available who would make the chassis at relatively low cost.  But this guy returned to his home to England, and now Roger can't produce the chassis for the C4 (or the EM7) at low cost.

Moreover, I never see any C4s come up on the used market.  I keep looking, though!

I expect that you could custom order something with the same circuit as the C4, if you're really interested in that preamp.

Chad

tybee

« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2009, 03:39 pm »
I have a C4 with tone controls using the 0a2 regulator tubes and 2 6CG7 tubes and it is a keeper. By the way, I recently picked up a highly modded 245.1 MR amp for 45s or 2A3s.   While the 2A3s sound great, the 45s are in another league.  Very organic with the C4 on the front.

gregdee

« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2009, 05:37 pm »
Thanks Guys

I will keep trying to find one.
About 45 ,I know easy what you mean ,due to after many experiences with 300b and 2a3 in the past
I set up on Yamamoto A-08S ,and it's a keeper as well.
S.t.  I bi amp it with Welborne drd 300b on bass ,and it's a great combination as well .
Maybe even not for a bass supplied ,even if drd do more of it ,but for  making woofer separately powered
which definitely applying to much more coherent sound.

I like this enclosures like C4 / EM 7 has.
They do not look to be hard to build .

Will see maybe I will find one soon luckly ;-0

gregdee

« Reply #7 on: 20 Oct 2009, 05:28 pm »

Greg,

Just so you know, I believe that Roger's C4 is currently out of production.  For a while, he had someone available who would make the chassis at relatively low cost.  But this guy returned to his home to England, and now Roger can't produce the chassis for the C4 (or the EM7) at low cost.

xxx

Chad

I can build this chassis for myself as well and sent them to Roger  even ,if he would like to supply me layouts / sizes .
I really would like to try his stuff ,but can't deal with it when have no response from him to my mails ;-(
greg

chadh

« Reply #8 on: 20 Oct 2009, 06:16 pm »

Greg,

I understand.  Your best bet is to try calling him (805-687-2263) between 2:00pm and 7:00pm Pacific coast time.  The recording on his voice mail says that these are the best times to reach him (or his new assistant).  It also suggests not to bother leaving a voice message, as they are just too busy to respond.

I know this seems like a hassle, and can be confounding.  But once you do get Roger on the phone, you will appreciate the time he's prepared to spend with you, and the creativity he's prepared to muster, in order to give you just what you want.

Best of luck.

Chad