V60 CES show report

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
V60 CES show report
« on: 22 Mar 2008, 05:13 pm »
Anyone seen the Bound for Sound CES show report mentioning the V60's?

I am told Marty kind of liked them.

opnly bafld

Re: V60 CES show report
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2008, 06:08 pm »
VMPS RM V60.....the music was substantial and yet subtly detailed and shaded.
If you are looking for an edge of the art design that isn't insanely expensive, check this speaker out.

He also mentioned the RM40s along with 5 other speakers as state-of-the-art for $10,000 +/- a few.

Lin 
(I hope you don't mind Marty, if you do I will make arrangements with you to wash your car or mow the lawn  :wink:)

Housteau

« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2008, 09:22 pm »
I just took a look at it.  It is always nice to read something positive from a reviewer that was able to appreciate what he actually had there in from of him.

It will also be nice to see a full sized review from a reviewer that is able to live with this system for a while.  There are so many variables and adjustments that can be dialed in to each specific system and room, that some time really needs to be vested in order not to miss something.  Maybe James Darby, as was brought up earlier in another thread about the CES will be able to do this.  I would love to see such a review in either the Absolute sound, or Stereophile.

I am sure that the logistics of such a large system doesn't help matters much either.

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2008, 11:01 pm »
  I would love to see such a review in either the Absolute sound, or Stereophile.

I am sure that the logistics of such a large system doesn't help matters much either.

Yes, just shipping a pair of thes w/subs makes it far cheaper to fly the reviewer in to listen, but they can't bring their room and associated equipment.

I know Harry (HP) was petitioning Brian to send him a pair, so you might get your wish.

PLMONROE

« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2008, 03:15 am »
Heck, based on my experience it would be cheaper (and easier) to fly in the reviewer along WITH his whole room full of equipment!  :lol:

Paul

Housteau

« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2008, 08:51 pm »
Heck, based on my experience it would be cheaper (and easier) to fly in the reviewer along WITH his whole room full of equipment!  :lol:

Yep, and it is not just the price one way either .  There is the return fare to consider assuming that they would be sent back.  However, there is the chance that they would not. 

I don't have anything against on-line blogs and reviews, but there is something more substantial to me about seeing such an article in a standard magazine style publication, like the Absolute Sound.  I guess it is just a personal bias having spent so many years with such subscriptions coming into my home.  To have this system highlighted in one of HPs Workshop articles would be something.  It certainly deserves it.