Photos of Compact Hemp, Deep Hemp combo, with marble sandwich

Flashman

• Devialet Expert 220 Pro and Vivd Oval 1.5s
I've had a pair of Compact Hemp, Deep Hemp speakers for a few weeks.  Louis provided a marble sandwich made by some old-world artisans in Connecticut to separate the units.  The marble slab is held in place by some blue tack and the sheer weight of the CH.  Louis provided the jumpers on the rear of the DH, which are an easy connection to the CH. 

I love the look and the sound is awesome.  Once I fully burn in the drivers, I'll post some impressions.  Or, I will wait until I get the Alnico drivers and then post. 

The units are driven by Vinnie's RWA Sig 30.2.  The synergy is palpable!

Meantime, take a look at the stellar work of Louis:

rodge827

Flash,

Verrrry niiiiice !!!  :thumb:

I"ve got the same finish sans the marble. When I can get away from work I'm going to look into some granite to do the same, and possibly the tops of the C-Hemp's also.

You are going to love this set-up. Just be patient with the run in on the Hemp's.  I got mine back in early Feb and ran them 24/7 with the Isotek system restorer disc and music, 400 - 500 hours for break-in is about right. At the same time I've been running in a new pre-amp and modded transport, so my system has been a roller coaster of sound changes.  :duh: Things are going along well now though.

Enjoy,

Rodge

Flashman

Rodge,

Well, you certainly have a jump on me.  I have the IsoTek CD as well and have used it sporadically, both overnight and as an occasional warm-up with the 5-minute cut.  I just have not had enough time due to work and a health situation with my in-laws to really burn them in and properly enjoy them.  I do, however, get a certain frisson of pleasure just looking at the suckers!  Louis and his buddy Vinnie have really outdone themselves in their corner of Connecticut.  Must be something in the water  :lol:

More later... my eyeballs are bleeding  8)

Flashman.
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2008, 10:19 am by Flashman »

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
Sweeeeeet!  :drool:

--Jerome

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
That looks great!

However, wouldn't the system be better served placing the subs where they produce their optimal sound?

Once of the big advantages of going with a "sub/satellite" system is that it allows one to place each speaker in an optimal location.

Looking at your pictures, I am guessing that isn't possible for your setup, but I figured I would mention it.

George

Louis O

Hi Flashman,

Thanks for the great pics and very happy you like the rig.

I'm also very happy to be working with Vinnie regarding his amazing amps and listen to mine everyday. Can't wait for you to hear the alnico's.

Thanks again,
Louis

Flashman

That looks great!

However, wouldn't the system be better served placing the subs where they produce their optimal sound?

Once of the big advantages of going with a "sub/satellite" system is that it allows one to place each speaker in an optimal location.

Looking at your pictures, I am guessing that isn't possible for your setup, but I figured I would mention it.

George

George,

Good question, as I think we have all heard that lower level sounds are not as directional so you could put a subwoofer anywhere.  But I think the tighter you couple the music into a particular location, especially when you have a sub as musical and accurate as the Deep Hemp, the better you can achieve optimal imaging and overall coherence.  That's my best shot at it.  All I know is that my ears are pleased with the set up  :drool:!

all best, Flashman

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
It is not our fault Louis makes the Deep Hemp the perfect size to act as a stand for the Compact Hemp  :scratch:, but it does make us buy 2. :wink:

Lin :)

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
Symmetry and synergy in the same package.  What a concept! :)

--Jerome

Alwayswantmore

B--E--A--U--T--F--U--L!!!

I love the way Louis laid the wood grain to seamlessly flow from top to bottom unit.

You are going to absolutely love this system!

Kent

Alwayswantmore

Re: Photos of Compact Hemp, Deep Hemp combo, with marble sandwich
« Reply #10 on: 23 Mar 2008, 07:08 pm »
BTW, what speaker cable are you using?

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #11 on: 23 Mar 2008, 07:26 pm »
Very nice! :thumb: However, I wonder how the placement of the Hemps directly aside the entertainment center will affect the sound quality especially the fill-in of the center image. The front face of the entertainment center acts to substantially extend the front baffle. BTW, (you may already have these) I've found that acoustical treatments modulate the influence of all the hard surfaces so that you have, among other important qualities, better imaging, more articulate bass and a sweeter tone .

-Roy
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2008, 07:54 pm by rajacat »

Flashman

« Reply #12 on: 24 Mar 2008, 12:32 am »
BTW, what speaker cable are you using?

Kent,

I am using Audio Art Cable SC-5s for the speakers and IC-3s for interconnects.  I like them.

Flashman

« Reply #13 on: 24 Mar 2008, 12:38 am »
Very nice! :thumb: However, I wonder how the placement of the Hemps directly aside the entertainment center will affect the sound quality especially the fill-in of the center image. The front face of the entertainment center acts to substantially extend the front baffle. BTW, (you may already have these) I've found that acoustical treatments modulate the influence of all the hard surfaces so that you have, among other important qualities, better imaging, more articulate bass and a sweeter tone .

-Roy

Roy,

I have often wondered whether the entertainment center was an issue.  You seem to indicate it could be in terms of optimal imaging, bass and tone.  Some day, I hope to rack mount my equipment and lose the entertainment center.  For now, I am stuck with it.  I don't think I want to mess with acoustical treatments now since long term I will lose the entertainment center.  I have thought of this http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/acousticrevive/rr77.html little item but am not sure whether it really will work.  Plus, it's another brick in the expensive tweak wall!  Thanks for the thought, however.

all best, Flashman