Nuforce Icon Shipping!

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Nuforce Icon Shipping!
« on: 19 Mar 2008, 10:11 am »
Well, in limited quantity next week.  Most of the units are going to reviewers and dealers. But we have reserved some for customers and you'll be able to purchase them online next week. You can also pre-order for April shipment.

Get ready to be shocked by the performance and build quality of this package.

This is a rotating gif image:

The packaging box is made of translucent hard plastic and the inside box is white color with a transparent window to show the color of the Icon inside. 

Toka

Re: Nuforce Icon Shipping!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2008, 01:37 am »
Will this be sold outside of the normal dealer network? Seems like it could have a very wide audience...

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2008, 09:25 am »
Yes, it will be sold anywhere, including online.  I already started using Icon with my laptop everyday, and with the prototype Nuforce earphone  aa
We should be able to release the $79 (estimated price) earphone in late April. This thing sounded as good as many $200 earphone out there.

Icon + Nuforce earphone + S-1 will give you audiophile quality sound (no kidding, you get to hear the Nuforce signature sound stage, resolution, clarity, etc) at budget price.
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2008, 05:51 pm by nuforce-jason »

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2008, 12:21 am »
We have a few red color units on sale at amazon.nuforce-icon.com NOW
You can also search for Nuforce on Amazon.com
That's all we can allocate for now.

We will have all colors (black, blue, red, silver) available for sale starting from April 25, 2008

jmichael

« Reply #4 on: 2 Apr 2008, 11:00 pm »
Will the Silver edition Icon still be priced @ $199.95 when it is re-released?

I'm thinking of 5 of them to replace my Trends 10.1's.   :drool:

Thanks!

BradJudy

« Reply #5 on: 3 Apr 2008, 03:46 am »
I didn't notice this until now. What happened to the e-mail notifications?  I signed up for them and didn't see anything.  Did one go out?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 3 Apr 2008, 09:01 am »
Looks like our newsletter mailing list is not working very well  :scratch:
There are still a few red color Icon on sale at amazon.nuforce.com
The mass production and shipment will begin April 25.  Yes, the silver color Icon will have a promotional price of $199 (last until we remove the promotion).

Toka

« Reply #7 on: 3 Apr 2008, 03:49 pm »
Hmm...I didn't get the newsletter either...but I check here often so I was ok.  8)

daz_bike

« Reply #8 on: 4 Apr 2008, 04:01 am »
Jason,

Icon is very interesting.  just confirming that you are not talking about headphones but earphones i.e earbuds.  With the various many options our there why is Nuforce getting into this market?  Are your's significantly better value for money?  Any features in particular that are noteworthy?  How comfortable will they be?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 4 Apr 2008, 10:59 am »
Yes it is an earphone and it is better sounding than anything we know at 2x the price.
We feel that we need to offer a complete line of world class consumer products: Icon, S-1, earphone, etc
We have built a reputation that whatever product we introduce, it has to be world class and better than anything on the market  :thumb:

daz_bike

« Reply #10 on: 4 Apr 2008, 08:42 pm »
Thanks Jason.  My dealer has a couple of Icons on the way and I am very keen to listen to them  :D

BTW they are red ... maybe they are faster?!

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #11 on: 8 Apr 2008, 11:29 pm »
You can also take pre-order on Amazon.com (amazon.nuforce-icon.com) now.

daz_bike

« Reply #12 on: 10 Apr 2008, 03:33 am »

A couple fo questions.  Coulld you run 1 ICON per channel using USB?  Also is Biamping possible  i.e 1 ICON per speaker per driver?

I note that you intend to release a module to increase the power to 40wpc.  Will this be external (assume current PS is external).

Also,  I see the Silver one for a intro price of US$199 but not the other colors.  Why?  I am more partial to black, but not at $50 more each, espically if I buy more than one.

Thanks

Zero

« Reply #13 on: 10 Apr 2008, 03:36 am »
Jason - Congrats !!!   :thumb:

I hope to get an ear on that little Icon one day!

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #14 on: 10 Apr 2008, 09:42 am »
A couple fo questions.  Coulld you run 1 ICON per channel using USB?  Also is Biamping possible  i.e 1 ICON per speaker per driver?

I note that you intend to release a module to increase the power to 40wpc.  Will this be external (assume current PS is external).

Also,  I see the Silver one for a intro price of US$199 but not the other colors.  Why?  I am more partial to black, but not at $50 more each, espically if I buy more than one.

If you use USB and want to bi-amp, here's the configuration:
PC USB -> Icon#1 USB-input
Icon#1 line-out -> Icon#2 3.5mm stereo input

The 45W Power Supply will retail for $45.  PSU is external.  The default PSU is 25W

The pricing for silver will is for very limited time only and we might cancel it at any time.  Silver doesn't need any annodization and it is easier for us to stock more quantity in one color for promotion.

ian_r

« Reply #15 on: 15 Apr 2008, 04:59 pm »
Was just about to press the buy button on silver and today it appears to be sold out, even before they started shipping :-(

"Availability: Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock"

Boohoo, you've gotta be quick around here.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #16 on: 17 Apr 2008, 03:14 am »
April 25 shipment have sold out and I guess you try to purchase it before I updated the inventory.
You can pre-order for mid May shipment. I don't think we can meet the demand in May either since we only scheduled to produce 500 Icons for May 15.
The next production date will be June 15.

BradJudy

« Reply #17 on: 17 Apr 2008, 04:13 am »
The website says the silver $199 special is shipping April 25th.  Is that not true if we pre-ordered now?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #18 on: 18 Apr 2008, 06:08 am »
On the amazon.nuforce-icon.com store front, I posted this message:
April 25 shipment - Some of the April 25 stocks have been sold out.
May 18 shipment - We are now taking pre-order for this shipment.

Sorry, I am too busy and haven't been able to get all the information updated on nuforce-icon.com and the store front.  April 25's silver Icon has sold out days ago and we're now taking pre-order for May 18.

I think we'll continue to play catch up for many months to come.  We can only scale the production from 500 to 1000 to 2000 .... per month.  There is nothing on the market that offer so many features, build quality and audiophile sound at this price so the demand is going to be great for a while.

BradJudy

« Reply #19 on: 21 Apr 2008, 10:35 pm »
I pre-ordered a silver so I could get into the special pricing.  I look forward to trying it out for my office.