Widget's Available via Anadigm

Kevin Haskins

Widget's Available via Anadigm
« on: 18 Mar 2008, 07:20 pm »
Hey... I've been catching a lot of grief over the Woofer Widget availability.   I'd not quite ready to ship product but if you just HAVE to get one now head over to the Anadigm site.    They have them available as a "Reference Board" for OEM evaluation.    Its the same product.... exactly so you are free to go grab one.

http://www.anadigm.com/purchase.asp

Kevin Haskins

Re: Widget's Available via Anadigm
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2008, 08:08 pm »
Oh.... you should know that we are still working on design issues.    When they say "Evaluation Board" they mean it.      :wink:

DeanSheen

« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2008, 09:11 pm »
I'll wait till they are stable.

Also would be great to have a stereo sub version if possible but I guess if the receiver is only putting out one sub channel and the subs are identical it shouldn't matter that much.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2008, 11:49 pm »
I'll wait till they are stable.

Also would be great to have a stereo sub version if possible but I guess if the receiver is only putting out one sub channel and the subs are identical it shouldn't matter that much.

Its stable, works like a charm.  I can measure and equalize a room in less than 5 minutes.    I can also move my sub around getting different room measurements and comparing/contrasting them for the best subwoofer location.     

Another trick I've played with is doing the same thing with my speakers.    Just the measurement tool is very useful.   You don't have to leave it in the circuit.   Put the Woofer Widget between the preamp & amplifier and run the room measurement sequence and you can see the in-room response of your main speakers.    It allows you to intelligently pick a crossover for the sub and properly position your main speakers to get the best in-room response based upon their location and your listening position.     

We are chasing some noise issues though so a lot of the circuit design code had to be re-written.    Its nothing that won't be solved but its causing a lot of re-work on the code that configures the circuit. 

Just sit tight and let us work through it until I say its good.   When I'm happy with the noise floor I'll start selling it.   

BradJudy

« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2008, 11:12 pm »
Any update on the widget?

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2008, 05:21 pm »
Any update on the widget?

It is alive and well but I'm not going to sell it direct.     It is going to remain an OEM solution.

DeanSheen

« Reply #6 on: 20 Aug 2008, 05:29 pm »
So where do we purchase Kevin?

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #7 on: 20 Aug 2008, 06:32 pm »
So where do we purchase Kevin?

You can buy a reference design from Anadigm, via the link in the original post.    I wouldn't call it "retail ready".   It is more of a reference design that OEMs can play with to see if they want to integrate it into their product.   

I'm not moving forward with them for a very simple reason.   I don't have enough time and resources to support them, write documentation, solve hardware/software problems, market them and keep them ordered.     There is only so much time in the day and I'm plenty busy already.

If you want a simple room measurement/EQ tool I suggest the Velodyne SMS-1.   

BradJudy

« Reply #8 on: 20 Aug 2008, 07:16 pm »
That's too bad - the FPAA approach looks interesting and I was keeping an eye out for the stand-alone product you had mentioned before.