Exact Audio Copy for Mac?

marklivia

Exact Audio Copy for Mac?
« on: 15 Mar 2008, 07:31 pm »
Is there an equivalent setup for Macs or are we only left w/ itunes? Is itunes capable of doing as good a job as EAC? Thanks, Mark

NealH

Re: Exact Audio Copy for Mac?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2008, 07:57 pm »
This should come close.

Double Ugly

« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2008, 08:11 pm »

marklivia

« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2008, 03:10 pm »
It seems this is not for AIFF files. Is itunes a lower quality ripper?  Thanks for helping a computer dunce. 

Crimson

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2008, 03:26 pm »
It seems this is not for AIFF files. Is itunes a lower quality ripper?  Thanks for helping a computer dunce. 

As long as you keep error-correction enabled, you should be fine.

Double Ugly

« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2008, 04:49 pm »
It seems this is not for AIFF files. 

Since you mentioned EAC, I assumed you wanted to rip to FLAC.

Is itunes a lower quality ripper?
As long as you keep error-correction enabled, you should be fine.

I agree.  I didn't think iTunes-ripped files sounded quite as good in my system, but most say they don't perceive a difference between those and FLAC files.

If you want to stream via iTunes or use your files with products which don't play well with FLAC, you'll probably be just fine with iTunes.  Otherwise, if you intend to use a SB, Transporter or other FLAC-friendly device, you may want to consider using the method linked above.

rydenfan

« Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2008, 02:19 pm »
I use Max on the cdparanoia setting and then use their TAG program if I need to create additional tags. It is easy to use and works well. They also recently built a script to pull in album info from itunes if theirs does not work, it is awesome.

http://sbooth.org/Max/