LRC questions

Brax

LRC questions
« on: 9 Mar 2008, 04:28 pm »
Looking for help deciding if I should upgrade my center speaker. Presently I am running an Infinity Beta 360, it does the job well. It's a three way design capable of getting down to 40hz. I have only had this speaker for 2 months and so far am satified with it. I am upgrading to RM40's for the fronts and was wondering if I should get a center that more closely matches the 40's. I did have a couple of questions on the LRC. First, does the mega woofer upgrade drop the low end any lower that the 35hz of the standard driver or is it just to increase output? Second, my center speaker is located under the TV about 4" above the floor. I see the ribbon is mounted vertically, how much of a veritcal despersion does it produce? Would the speaker need to be tilted or aimed at ear level at the listening postion?

ctviggen

Re: LRC questions
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2008, 04:36 pm »
I have an RM30C where the tweeter was mounted vertically.  I really didn't notice that much (if any) of a dispersion issue, even after mounting the tweeter horizontally.  As for pointing the speaker toward the ears of a listener, I think that's always good, regardless of speaker. 

Early B.

Re: LRC questions
« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2008, 08:00 pm »
Yes, you should definitely get an LRC which will mate well with the RM40's. The LRC apparently dips to 35Hz. However, I used to run my LRC on LARGE, but I think my HT system sounds a bit better with the center channel set to SMALL.