10,000 BC

navi

10,000 BC
« on: 9 Mar 2008, 03:45 pm »
I saw 10,000 before and what really bugged me (apart from the typical hollywood ending) was in some shots there was some weird digital noise..... if anyone else has seen this film can you tell me if it was just the print at my cinema or did it happen at your cinema as well.

Anyway, it was highly entertaining film (I have very low expectations) that I would not recommend to anyone unless they are a fan of Camilla Belle.

Bigfish

Re: 10,000 BC
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2008, 04:02 pm »
I saw 10,000 before and what really bugged me (apart from the typical hollywood ending) was in some shots there was some weird digital noise..... if anyone else has seen this film can you tell me if it was just the print at my cinema or did it happen at your cinema as well.

Anyway, it was highly entertaining film (I have very low expectations) that I would not recommend to anyone unless they are a fan of Camilla Belle.

I have seen the previews of 10,000 BC several times and had decided I would wait for the BB DVD.  Thank you for your comments as I definitely now will wait for it on DVD.

Ken

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2008, 04:34 pm »
Caught this one on Friday, happened to be one of the few films playing at the time I had to see a movie.  Decent film, nothing noteworthy.  A nice action film as far as that goes but form the onset my mind kept referencing Apocalypto (which I really enjoyed.)  To me 10,000 BC made Mel Gibson look like a genius and I'll leave it at that.  As for digital artifacts, I may have missed them.  Honestly I fell asleep a bit, not sure if it was the movie or just that I was tired from a long week.

Not on my must see list but an entertaining movie depending on how demanding a viewer you are.

BobM

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2008, 12:14 pm »
The movie was definitely different from what I expected. More of a story telling than a pure action flick. It was a journey of "getting there" rather than the fight scenes and blowing up that we've come to expect from Hollywood. In fact, the end parts where there is a fight are very tame by most standards, and rather short in duration. A bit anti-climactic.

Enjoy,
Bob

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2008, 03:46 am »
I love Camilla Belle so I'll try to catch it in the theater, if not at least on DVD.

sorenj07

« Reply #5 on: 11 Mar 2008, 05:11 am »

Red Dragon Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.reddragonaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 11 Mar 2008, 05:41 am »
navi,

I saw the artifact too - it was only in the darker scenes - it was as if they had a cheap camera setup that could not handle low light situations.  The picture became rather fuzzy looking and almost pixelated (I get the same result with my digital camera when I turn the flash off in a darker setting).

The movie was forgettable at best... :|