FS: Squeezebox 3, Black, Wireless, with "DIY" mods

Folsom

Hi this unit seems to work fine. It needs burned in (450 hours I would say). It has the DIY mods with a new opamp, and Blackgate capacitors throughout the signal path replacing the surface mount electrolytics. It also has Cardas RCA jacks. The power supply is a generic switcher.

$200+ shipping
« Last Edit: 5 Mar 2008, 07:20 pm by Destroyer of Smiles. »

Folsom

This unit can not be modified further is my understanding as in order to make it work out right from two tracings being a problem it now has hot glue in the area. These are ONLY the opamp and electrolytic signal capacitors changed. This is the same thing Gary did.

Gaara

Pm Sent

P.S.  Please read the second PM first, the one entitled I'll take it.
« Last Edit: 5 Mar 2008, 12:09 pm by Gaara »

benbendog

PM sent.
   Thanks,
-Tao

Folsom

Answering all questions, first come first serve based on who commits first after communication.

Gaara

Back atcha, as I said in PM as long as there are no issues with it I'll take it.

benbendog

Does that mean Gaara will get it?
   Gaara, why do you just sell your modded SB3 and get another one?
   Thanks,
-Tao

Answering all questions, first come first serve based on who commits first after communication.

Gaara

Tao,

Actually I am second in line behind Tdangelo, I hope he for whatever reason decides not to buy it because I definitely will.  The SB3 I am selling is a Bolder Enthusiast digital modded one which is made to be used with a outboard DAC.  Funny enough I bought it to be used with a MHDT Paradisea DAC that Tdangelo sold to me.  I am in need of a analog modded one and was actually going to post a WTB ad before I saw this.

James
« Last Edit: 5 Mar 2008, 06:28 pm by Gaara »

Wayne1

FWIW,

This unit being sold DOES NOT represent any normal BOLDER mods.

This SB3 was sent to me for repair as DOS attempted to do some mods and destroyed the circuit traces to the coupling capacitors.

I repaired the broken traces and installed two pair of BlackGate caps for coupling. DOS had already installed a different Op-Amp.

THIS UNIT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE SOUND OF A FULLY ANALOG MODDED BOLDER SB3

IT SHOULD NOT BE PURCHASED EXPECTING TO GET THE SOUND OF A BOLDER MODDED SB3

IT DOES NOT SOUND CLOSE TO THE SOUND OF A BOLDER MODDED SB3 AND SHOULD NOT BE THOUGHT OF AS A BOLDER MODDED SB3.

IT WILL SOUND SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN A STOCK SB3 BUT IT IS NOT A BOLDER MODDED SB3.

I am a little upset that this repaired unit is represented as any kind of "modded" BOLDER unit.  :nono:

sts9fan

No good deed........

Folsom

Re: FS: Squeezebox 3, Black, Wireless, with "DIY" mods
« Reply #10 on: 5 Mar 2008, 07:34 pm »
I apologize to anyone that thought I was misleading like Wayne did any of his regular modifications to this unit. He is just the man who soldered it; that is the only thing I wanted people to know so they would have confidence in it being a good unit.

I have no intention of upsetting Wayne. He helped me out a lot. Unfortunately I need to sell this particular unit (had intended on just finding it a good home without selling originally) for financial reasons, whether I like it or not.