Nine Inch Nails High Resolution Download (Free!)

The Computer Audiophile

• Computer Audiophile
Nine Inch Nails High Resolution Download (Free!)
« on: 3 Mar 2008, 03:51 pm »
Hey guys - NIN is offering 9 tracks as high resolution downloads free of charge. The whole album of 36 tracks is only $5. You can get the tracks as mp3, flac, or apple lossless and all are DRM-FREE.

JoshK

Re: Nine Inch Nails High Resolution Download (Free!)
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2008, 04:07 pm »
Very cool!  Have the link?

Crimson

« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2008, 04:10 pm »
Very cool!  Have the link?

http://ghosts.nin.com/

Very good stuff (especially for NIN fans).

mcullinan

« Reply #3 on: 3 Mar 2008, 04:32 pm »
I ordered the download. $5 for Apple Lossless... thats what Im talkin about! Kudos!
Mike

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #4 on: 3 Mar 2008, 05:05 pm »
I'll pop for the $5 and download this tonight when I get home.

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 3 Mar 2008, 05:19 pm »
I cannot unzip the free download.  Anyone have this problem?

jaywills

« Reply #6 on: 3 Mar 2008, 11:45 pm »
Buyer may need to beware.  My link "timed out" during the download & now I can't get anything.  So far, a huge YMMV.

Scott F.

« Reply #7 on: 3 Mar 2008, 11:55 pm »
I saw this on Gizmodo this morning.

I'm having trouble too. I tried downloading the free version and only got part of the 82meg file. I'll keep trying though  :thumb:

I'm sorta tempted by the vinyl version since I've got all if the NIN stuff on vinyl already. At 300 clams thats pretty steep though especially since I picked up With Teeth on vinyl for about $25.

mcullinan

« Reply #8 on: 4 Mar 2008, 12:07 am »
Mine should be downloaded in 55 days 9 hours and 37 minutes.
Hmm... Maybe they should have prepared their bandwidth before making an announcement. What a $&$^&$^!!
If it cancels just go back to your original email link. Thats what I did and it gives me the link to download again. Not that it does, because they are at a standstill.
Mike

jaywills

« Reply #9 on: 4 Mar 2008, 12:09 am »
Ah, glad to hear I'm not alone.  My download should complete in 122 days 9 hours 6 minutes...

JoshK

« Reply #10 on: 4 Mar 2008, 12:17 am »
I cannot unzip the free download.  Anyone have this problem?

That usually means that you didn't get a bit correct download.  They should have made some sort of checksum for this download if they were going to zip it, so you can compare checksums to see if the d/l was good.   Hopefully when the initial hammering of the site lets up it will be a bit easier to get a decent d/l.

I'll spring $5.  That deluxe set though seems interesting with the blu-ray disks.  I don't think I care enough to get the vinyl. 

Folsom

« Reply #11 on: 4 Mar 2008, 01:36 am »
Mine failed as well.

WGH

« Reply #12 on: 4 Mar 2008, 01:52 am »
Mine failed too, guess I got what I paid for... which is "0".

The Computer Audiophile

• Computer Audiophile
« Reply #13 on: 4 Mar 2008, 01:57 am »
FROM THE OFFICIAL SITE

Unfortunately, the Ghosts I-IV site is down for the next few hours for maintenance.

We quietly released this album last night without any warning, and without any press. Because we know how devoted our fans are, we planned for an overwhelming response, and expected heavy traffic. To our surprise, the traffic was more than three times what we anticipated, and has only been getting heavier throughout the day. The response has been absolutely phenomenal, and we couldn't be happier, but our servers have taken a beating, causing numerous problems with the download site. Our developers, who have been working non-stop to combat the surge of traffic, feel that taking the site down for a few hours to fix some crucial issues is the best way to get things running smoothly again. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

While the site is down, you can still purchase the complete Ghosts I-IV here from Amazon's MP3 store for only $5. The MP3s are high quality and DRM-free. You can also order the deluxe and limited edition packages from Artist in Residence.

If you're familiar with BitTorrent, you can download Ghosts I, the first of the four volumes, for free, from our official upload at The Pirate Bay.

If you ordered a download and have not yet been able to retrieve it or have experienced any technical difficulties with the download, your download link will work as soon as the site returns.

Thanks again for the amazing support, and your continuing patience. Watch nin.com for updates during the downtime.

Scott F.

« Reply #14 on: 4 Mar 2008, 01:56 pm »
Download Success  :thumb:

Haven't listened to the tunes yet but I will sometime today.

mcullinan

« Reply #15 on: 4 Mar 2008, 02:17 pm »
Mine is down at home. I will listen later too.
Mike

rydenfan

« Reply #16 on: 5 Mar 2008, 03:59 pm »
I am all over the $75 version. You get the download, 2 cd's, a multi-channel version, and a 24/96 Blu-Ray version, incredible!! I feel it is important to show support for high resolution audio.  SACD and DVD-Audio never reached their potential; it would be incredible to have DTS HD MA (and other high-rez formats) supported by Blu-Ray accepted by the music world and the public.

Crimson

« Reply #17 on: 5 Mar 2008, 04:07 pm »
I am all over the $75 version. You get the download, 2 cd's, a multi-channel version, and a 24/96 Blu-Ray version, incredible!! I feel it is important to show support for high resolution audio.  SACD and DVD-Audio never reached their potential; it would be incredible to have DTS HD MA (and other high-rez formats) supported by Blu-Ray accepted by the music world and the public.

That's the same package I bought. BTW, the DVD is not a multi-channel version of the CD's, it's a multi-track version i.e. it contains all instrument tracks for each song as wav files to be used for remixing (using Garage Band, Cakewalk etc). I have a few of his albums as multi-tracks and it's really fun to remix your own.

Folsom

« Reply #18 on: 5 Mar 2008, 11:28 pm »
I got it to work! Some of this stuff is amazing! Talk about new reference material for testing imaging.

Crimson

« Reply #19 on: 17 Mar 2008, 09:13 pm »
Seems it was a success. They netted over 1.6 mil in the first week:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20080315/tc_cmp/206903817;_ylt=AgsBrGahec_O9eNaxL7CFy4E1vAI