James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
14B SST Customer Feedback
« on: 26 Feb 2008, 12:10 pm »
MEMO: To all Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Customer Feedback on Bryston 14B SST

Please see below an email from one of our customers regarding the 14B SST amplifier. Greg distributes very Hi-quality CD's and has been involved in many recordings as a cellist and a recording engineer.  His knowledge of music is second to none.

Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 2:08 PM
To: 'James Tanner'
Subject: 14B SST

James,

Holy shit man!  I’m not sure if I can put everything I’m thinking into words. The 14B SST is the most delicate and powerful beast I’ve ever heard.  The bottom end gives me shivers and seems to keep on going down and down. The mids and highs are so transparent and effortless that I’m hearing loads of detail that I’ve never heard before.

I listened to a fabulous Mahler Symphony No.1 with the San Francisco S.O. that I’ve had for a few years now and know very well, and I was stunned to actually hear EVERY individual instrument in the string sections of the orchestra.  When the cello section played in unison I could hear individual instrument voices, not just a cello sound.  Even the super delicate and very hard to reproduce sound of a bow on a string had all the detail of the real thing. As an ex-cellist I know what I’m talking about!  The percussion crashes were so real and dynamic that I was left shaking my head in disbelief. And overall, the sense of ‘space’ and separation between instruments in both studio and location recordings is beautiful. Everything is just so well balanced and natural, and it all emerges from a totally silent, inky black background.  I’m in a state of shock.

Thanks to all the great engineers and tech people at Bryston for their immeasurable contribution to the service of great music!

Greg Pastic
President & CEO

Levi

Re: 14B SST Customer Feedback
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2008, 03:23 pm »
Congrats James!

DF

« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2008, 06:02 am »
Not in the least surprised James. Like I've already written to you, and stated Ad nauseam to my audiophile friends, having been a previous Conrad Johnson, Cinepro and Krell owner, the virtues of your amplifiers and customer service are far too numerous to mention. Despite the aforementioned amplifiers having strengths of their own, Bryston takes customer service and quality to another level. I've discovered that 'once a Bryston owner, always a Bryston owner'. I'd like to re-emphasize that I have the luxury to listen to some truly great amplifiers on the market but have absolutely no desire to change. Perhaps the 28B's if at all. Bryston is really special and more than deserves the praise and accolades that are showered upon it.

Best,

DF

Hififreak

• www.brystonheritage.com
    • www.hififreaks.nl
« Reply #3 on: 6 Mar 2008, 02:04 pm »
Ohne Bryston wäre das Leben ein Irrtum!  8)