SPL - Hong Kong action...

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
SPL - Hong Kong action...
« on: 26 Feb 2008, 12:13 am »
When You put Donnie Yen, Sammo Hung, and "Jason" Wu Jin -  (who many believe is close to or better than Bruce lee... !!!) in the same movie - it gets really impressive!
I've not seen his precision ever since Bruce anyway! - You can see in the fight scenes that he moves slower than he normally would do to allow Donny yen to keep up with him.
This could be the best  Hong Kong action flick... it is really amazing! And it's got a superb storyline too, for a HK flick that is, but still!!
I just got this DVD, and it is a superbly well made film!!!

Absolutely recommended!!! It should be 1:58 long, that is one hour 58 min minutes long, so any less than that and it's cut into.

:duel:

What we see in this film is grapling and wing chun in amazing harmony!!! Also Tha chi chuan moves with the knife there by wu.

Imperial

« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2008, 01:24 am by Imperial »

navi

Re: SPL - Hong Kong action...
« Reply #1 on: 2 Mar 2008, 10:51 am »
yeah it's one of the few good action movies to come out of hong kong in a while.

Sammo still has the moves for a 55yr old.

Don't watch the Miramax butchered "Kill Zone"

ryder

Re: SPL - Hong Kong action...
« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2008, 12:45 pm »
I concur that this is one of the few Hong Kong martial art films that is up there with some of the best. Most martial art movies made in Hong Kong have been deteriorating in quality with elaborate stunts and extensive use of wires and CGI, and it's good to see a few of these quality films to come up on rare occassions. The choreography and stunts are as realistic as we can get as most of the fights are done without CGI, and MMA style is incorporated into the fights as well to show the authencity of the style that is widely used today in modern fights in UFC. I have to say that Donnie has excelled at what he does best, and this is by far one of his best works to date. His previous experiences as a martial artist and his not-so-good past history as a punk fighting in the streets in his earlier childhood days were all displayed in the movie. The intensity and seriousness in the battles were nothing short of breathtaking.

I have not managed to get his latest "Flash Point" on DVD yet but heard that this one is quite good as well. Maybe I'll get this on Ebay some day when I feel like it.