SongSurrounds

jsalk

SongSurrounds
« on: 23 Feb 2008, 12:13 pm »
We've been so busy lately at the shop, that I just haven't had time to post info or update our web site in regard to the SongSurrounds.  Many people have assumed that the design is not yet complete since the web site just says "coming soon."

But the Surrounds are real and we are building them.  I don't have time right now to spell out the details, but I thought a couple of pictures might help.

There are two versions of the SongSurround speakers - an MT and an MTM.

Here are photos of the SongSurround I's in black...

And here are the SongSurround II's...

We'll have pictures in other woods soon (and more details as well).

- Jim

fsimms

Re: SongSurrounds
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2008, 02:04 pm »
When I had the SongTowers in my system, I tried a sub with them crossed over at 80 Hz with my Tact 2.2x.   It improved the sound a good bit.  I suspect that the SongSurround II's could be a great choice for mains in an HT system with a good receiver/processor.  The bass on the SongTowers is so good that you would would want an outstanding processor to do the sub integration properly and some ability to handle the room nodes.

Toka

« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2008, 07:28 pm »
Agreed, the II's look like they could serve as quality mains in an HT (or a small office system for that matter).

Looking forward to more details! They sure are purty.  :thumb:

NYSportz

« Reply #3 on: 29 Feb 2008, 03:01 pm »
These designs look excellent.  I'm very interested to hear the rationale behind having two options for surrounds, as well as the mounting options for each!

Justin