WHEN ITUNES DOES AN OOPSIE!

ZLS

WHEN ITUNES DOES AN OOPSIE!
« on: 22 Feb 2008, 09:58 pm »
:scratch:  I added the Album covers through the Itunes store.  I go to Amazon music to copy those album covers that Itunes does not have (more than a few).  What do I do when Itunes gives an album cover that is not correct.  I cannot get the paste of the Amazon art to stick.  I tried yelling at the computer but it doesn't seem to help.

Crimson

Re: WHEN ITUNES DOES AN OOPSIE!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2008, 10:01 pm »
Yell LOUDER!  :D

With all of the songs highlighted from the album with the incorrect cover art, press Command and 'i' to get the info pane. Drag the cover art from the amazon page to the square in the info pane, and it'll then associate all highlighted songs with that specific album cover.

Brad

« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2008, 10:26 pm »
Thx for the tip.   I'm hoarse now from the yelling, but it did work.

I noticed iTunes does about an 80% job on cover art.
This helps clean that up.

pardales

« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2008, 10:33 pm »
I seem to have a fair number of covers attached to the wrong albums.  :cry:  I do not have the time or patience to weed them all out. All my files are ripped in ALAC. Is there a way to delete a misappropriated cover when I see one come up that I am playing -- i'd rather have no cover than the wrong one?

Crimson

« Reply #4 on: 2 Mar 2008, 10:58 pm »
I seem to have a fair number of covers attached to the wrong albums.  :cry:  I do not have the time or patience to weed them all out. All my files are ripped in ALAC. Is there a way to delete a misappropriated cover when I see one come up that I am playing -- i'd rather have no cover than the wrong one?

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to delete the art work for an entire album other than deleting it for each song individually. Highlight each song, and then:

Command 'i' -> Artwork -> (highlight artwork) Delete.

I usually leave incorrect artwork alone until I can find the correct album cover, and then use the single step as I described above.

pcfchung

« Reply #5 on: 5 Sep 2008, 08:22 am »
Hi,

As far as I know, there are two ways to replace cover art for every song within an ablum in iTunes.

1) Go to   View-show brower
2) Go to   View-album view
3) Select your album in your top right brower (under Album)
4)Go to   File-Get info
  Pops up appears: "Are you sure you want to edit information for multiple items?"
  click " yes"
5) "Multiple item information" window pops up,
    copy and paste your album cover art to the Artwork square and click "OK".
6)Pop up appears: 'Are you sure you want to change the artwork for multiple items?"
   click "Yes".

The new cover art should attach to every song in the album.

Another way to do it seems to be a little faster-

repeat step 1 to 3

4)Now select one of the songs in the song list.
5)Go to   File-Get info
   A different looking window will pop up.
6) Select the "Artwork" tab.
   If you see the wrong cover now, right click and delete it.
7) Copy and paste the correct album cover to the empty square and click "OK"

Done!

Amazon is still the best place to get decent album cover. Or you can paste any images you want into itunes( I did that sometimes when a "best of" cd has a badly done cover and I would rather have the artist's photo there.)

Hope this helps.

-Paul

ZLS

« Reply #6 on: 5 Sep 2008, 10:15 am »
Google dougscripts

You will like a kid in a candy store!

pcfchung

« Reply #7 on: 5 Sep 2008, 11:27 pm »
I'm like a kid in a candy store with no money- I use a PC!

:(

-Paul