BCD-1 Software Update?

c_note

BCD-1 Software Update?
« on: 15 Feb 2008, 05:10 pm »
James, a dealer informed me there is a new software update for the BCD-1.  Can you advise what the upgrade is for?  I'm on the cusp of buying a BCD-1 and am trying to determine whether to bite the bullet or wait for the update.  As always, thanks for the feedback.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BCD-1 Software Update?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2008, 05:27 pm »
James, a dealer informed me there is a new software update for the BCD-1.  Can you advise what the upgrade is for?  I'm on the cusp of buying a BCD-1 and am trying to determine whether to bite the bullet or wait for the update.  As always, thanks for the feedback.

Hi C-note,

The software can be updated with a file I send over the internet so any CD Player can be brought up to current production easily.

We require a copy of the bill of sale showing the Serial Number and the Dealer purchased from to attain new software.

The latest change was January 16th 2008 and improved the 'Random Play' mode.

james
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2008, 05:47 pm by James Tanner »

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2008, 07:48 am »

Hi C-note,

The software can be updated with a file I send over the internet so any CD Player can be brought up to current production easily.

We require the Serial Number and the Dealer purchased from to attain new software.

james

james,

what kind of improvement has been done to the 'random mode' ?

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2008, 12:15 pm »

Hi C-note,

We require the Serial Number and the Dealer purchased from to attain new software.

james

james,

what kind of improvement has been done to the 'random mode' ?

al.

Hi Al,

Sometimes if you were in Random Mode the last cut on the CD would play and then Random would stop- even if the last cut was number 3 of 10 songs in the Random sequence.  The new software prevents that from occurring.

james

mkaiser

« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2008, 05:29 pm »

Hi James,

For me to get this software update do we e-mail you on this site with the SN# and certified dealer or do we e-mail you directly with your permission.

Mark

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2008, 05:46 pm »

Hi James,

For me to get this software update do we e-mail you on this site with the SN# and certified dealer or do we e-mail you directly with your permission.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes email me at jamestanner@bryston.ca and I will pass it on to service for you.
I just need a copy of the original bill of sale.

james