Anybody Watching "School Of Rock" This Week?

TheeeChosenOne

« on: 3 Oct 2003, 06:55 pm »
Jack Black is so damn talented (i.e. funny ala Belushi).

I'm glad to see him finally getting the broad attention he deserves.

rosconey

« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct 2003, 09:26 pm »
:o thats so fuggin wierd- a friend stopped by a couple hours ago and said he was a piss poor belushi knock off in the movie.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 3 Oct 2003, 09:34 pm »
Jack Black is hilarious!  I haven't seen this one yet, but I will.  So far my favorite of his is High Fidelity.  He was also great in Saving Silverman, although I didn't care much for the movie.

vpolineni

« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2003, 04:50 pm »
i think the movie is called "school of rock".. and I thought it was hilarious.  Jack Black did a really good job.  definetly worth seeing.

nathanm

Re: Anybody Watching "School Of Rock" This Week?
« Reply #4 on: 9 Oct 2003, 06:45 pm »
Quote from: TheeeChosenOne
Jack Black is so damn talented.

He really is.  As a big Tenacious D fan I might have to see this one.  I suspect it will be somewhat formulaic and silly as those kind of comedies go, but I think Black will be able to carry the film regardless of the script.

bubba966

« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2003, 06:02 am »
I did end up finally catching it last Thursday.

I wasn't really looking forward to it. I just caught it because it was free, and people kept telling me I should see it.

As I'm not terribly familiar with the music in the movie, nor do I have any real interest in the music in the movie, most of that didn't do anything for me.

But I do enjoy Jack Black.

And between him & the kids, it was worth watching. I didn't think it was "great" (maybe I woulda if the music did anything for me). But it was a little bit of fun anyways.

I say that if you actually want to see it, go for it. You'll probably enjoy it. I only felt it to be ok as I had no real desire to watch it based on previews.

nathanm

« Reply #6 on: 1 Nov 2003, 01:43 am »
I just saw it.  Absolutely great feel-good movie!  :rock: It could have easily been condescending, very cliche or cutesy, but it was neither.  Sure, it was formulaic to a point, but it was executed so well it didn't matter.  To me it seemed completely genuine.  Jack Black is the real deal, there's not much "acting" going on for his character! :)