zipidachimp

anyone tried these?
« on: 27 Jan 2008, 09:00 am »

ttan98

Re: anyone tried these?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2008, 09:45 am »
go to this site:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115887

about midway down for discussion on Tangband model.

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2008, 02:18 pm »
Z - both could work, but on paper neither have a great (as in approaching 0.7) QTS, and both have lower FS than I would like to see, unless the intention is to cross a helper woofer in above 100Hz.  Neither appears to be high effiency either, but if you are running powerful amps (or multiple drivers) that might not matter in your intended application.

Have you thought about the FR125 available from CSS in BC?  Nice units for $70 each, or you can opt for the highly acclaimed eNable treated versions from Planet 10 (also in BC) for $225 for the pair.  QTS of 0.64 looks good, FS of 67 is workable, and efficiency mid 80's, just like your other options.

Yes I have a pair, but have only run them boxed, I never did get around to removing my b200's and trying them.

I think I should build a pair of Planet10's miniOnkens for the FR125 - oh shoot, did I just admit THAT on the OB Circle?   :duh:

zipidachimp

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2008, 07:40 pm »
as much as I appreciate all of the more appropriate drivers, such as css (just down the road from me), I seem to have an unquenchable desire to sniff out what appear to be bargains. sometimes this works (great honda civic for $1800), sometimes not. I'll probably pass on these, unless someone has tried them, in favor of fostex 103's.  thanks! :)