He Loves Me Not

Johng316

He Loves Me Not
« on: 30 Sep 2003, 09:29 pm »
I checked this one out from NETFLIX because it has the same actress that starred in Amelie.  If you don't mind subtitles, I must say this is an EXCELLENT film.  It was extremely enjoyable and entertaining in a head-scratching/thriller kind of way.

I can't go into detail without giving away spoilers, but if you liked MEMENTO and don't mind subtitles, watch this film.  One of the best I've seen all year!

John G

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
He Loves Me Not
« Reply #1 on: 6 Oct 2003, 09:17 pm »
Yes I liked otnemeM! I will definitely have to check this one out.

Tonto Yoder

He Loves Me Not
« Reply #2 on: 6 Oct 2003, 10:34 pm »
Though I haven't seen the movie "Irreversible" (since it didn't play here),
its review on Ebert/Roeper reminded me of "Memento" just 'cause it's told backwards.  It begins with a nine minute rape scene which is reportedly rather gruesome and difficult for the audience, but the remainder of the movie puts it in context.

http://www.irreversiblethemovie.com/

JoshK

He Loves Me Not
« Reply #3 on: 6 Oct 2003, 10:35 pm »
Thanks for the heads up!  I saw Amelie in our village independent theater and loved it, I have since watched it again with my wife.  Andrie Toutou is a great actress and really cute! I saw another one of her movies in French and liked it very much but the name escapes me.  I think she has a minor role in an American movie of late also...I'll have to see if my wife remembers.

I loved Mememto!  Loved Amelie, so this will have to be a must see!