« on: 21 Jan 2008, 09:07 pm »
Hey Roger;
What is your delivery time for the 7, 2.5
Tim

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
Re: EM7 2.5
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2008, 05:05 pm »
Tubes, you might call him at 805/687-2236; he answers the fone.   :)

E-mail is Roger@ramlabs-musicreference.com .

Tubes 4 Ever

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2008, 02:00 am »
Got it............Great shots dude..........I use to try and be Ansel but never could get the whole composition thing down :oops:
Cheers

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2008, 04:48 am »
Hello to all, I've been knee deep looking at old tubes for new applications. If anyone has any off-beat favorites let me know.

Anyone interested in 10-20 watt class A push pull amplifiers?

We have a few EM7 2.5 is in stock and ready to ship. Jeffrey is correct, calling in an order is the best way to get immediate service.

Roger

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2008, 05:18 pm »
Tubes 4 Ever: "Great shots dude..........I use to try and be Ansel but never could get the whole composition thing down."

TYVM.  I LOVED getting out and creating these images, and I did get lucky sometimes, but I lost my enthusiasm for it last year and turned into a 1000-yard-benchrest rifle shooter.

Here's the new toy.

Tubes 4 Ever

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2008, 09:06 pm »
Roger thanks, I have found a used EM7 from a fellow circle member that will fit the pocket book and waf factor. After visiting your website and seeing and reading post about your gear I had to try one. I also find that I wish I were 30 years younger and would love to take advantage of your "Engineer Locator"  :D But alas I now find myself engineering in the oil industry.

jeffreybehr : The rifle look like more fun to me. I am a former combat hand gunner. Great fun

shaynet

• http://www.imfaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 8 Feb 2008, 01:20 am »
Hello to all, I've been knee deep looking at old tubes for new applications. If anyone has any off-beat favorites let me know.

Anyone interested in 10-20 watt class A push pull amplifiers?

Roger

Would you expect potentially lower noise & distortion compared to the SE amps?  What

Tubes 4 Ever

« Reply #7 on: 8 Feb 2008, 04:29 pm »
 aa By the way my EM7 has been running now for a couple weeks and oh my "How sweet it is" . No time for any sort of review yet but it is a very well made and sounding amp, great job Roger.

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #8 on: 12 Feb 2008, 04:53 am »
Thanks for the good report on the EM7.

A push-pull version would have lower distortion and more power. Noise, in my amps, is low in either case.

shaynet

• http://www.imfaudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 24 Feb 2008, 07:38 pm »
Are you thinking about using the EM7 in push-pull configuration?

IkeH

« Reply #10 on: 25 Feb 2008, 03:37 am »
I would be interested in 10 -20 WPP amp to drive my old  B&W speakers ( 90db/m efficiency).  With my RM9, I would hardly get past  9 o'clock position on my RM5 II volume knob.  Although I really like my RM9, I can not help but wonder if a smaller powered amp would be more suitable.    Single Ended pentode would be interesting as well.   

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #11 on: 11 Mar 2008, 04:03 am »
The EM7-10 has been designed to power speakers like the B&W where more power is required.  Push-pull amps, when properly designed have lower distortion and are preferred when several watts of power are required. As to noise, I will never make a noisy amplifier. In a properly designed amplifier the noise can be very low regardless of the output configuration. One needs to have some standards (NUMBERS) for noise. There are amplifier makers who feel 2 mV hum is reasonable. My limit is about 12 dB below that (0.5 mv). I would be embarrassed to release an amplifier with 2 mV of hum.

Although it is true that push-pull amplifiers cancel power supply noise they do not cancel the hum modulation that occurs as the signal swings from one tube to the other. When I was teaching my guitar amp class a student brought in an older tube Fender amp. Although the hum was canceled in pp when we reduced the B+ ripple the sound improved markedly. Many years ago when I was consulting for Seymour Duncan I learned that the "hum null" adjustment in guitar amps was setup to balance the idling current (bias) of the output tubes and thus cancel the supply ripple , but not the hum modulation. In Hi Fi amps the hum pot is to balance out filament hum. These ideas are as different as night and day.

K.C.

« Reply #12 on: 11 Mar 2008, 05:21 am »
Many years ago when I was consulting for Seymour Duncan...

It makes complete sense that you would work with Seymour since you're both in Santa Barbara and pursuing great sounding amps, though I doubt that it's widely known you did.

Care to give us any details on the work you did and the SD amps you're responsible for ?

« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2008, 06:41 am by K.C. »

Roger A. Modjeski

« Reply #13 on: 12 Mar 2008, 05:26 am »
Yes, it's on the price list.