Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp wins Blue Moon Award

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
Congratulations to Alex Yeung of Eastern Electric for being the first recipient of  the coveted Blue Moon Award in The Tube Preamplifier catagory at www.6moons.com
 I'm just so happy for him that I had to share.
 Regards,
 Bill

8thnerve

« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2003, 02:13 pm »
I couldn't agree more!  In the short few weeks it has been in my system, I continue to be amazed.  Well done.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2003, 02:55 pm »
From their website and other misc. comments and reviews , IMO looks like another great value preamp !! Starting to see more value for the bucks ! !   :hyper:

Hantra

« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2003, 03:05 pm »
Welcome to the Circle Bill!  Can't wait to get out to 8thNerve and hear that preamp. . .

B

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
EE MiniMax
« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2003, 09:01 pm »
Thanks,
  I've been reading other posts here for a month or 2 and figured I should sign up.
 8th Nerve has a MiniMax so get on over there, They might even let it go for a home audition? I'm not sure though.
 Thanks for your support.
 Later,
 Bill

nature boy

« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2003, 11:02 pm »
Bill, congratulations.  Looks like I'll have to get up to Audio Connection and sit in with John Rutan for a listening session soon.   So, when is the phono stage going to be available?

NB

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2003, 02:59 pm »
Hi NB,
 Alex has been busy with completing our tube cd player, and monoblock amplifiers. Our little MiniMax stereo amplifier should be here in another 3 weeks as completion date was the end of this month. We're trying to complete these components as quickly as possible but we also don't want to put just any product out there. Tweaking all these to the standard Alex sets for our products takes a little time.The phono stage is a work in progress and Alex is not yet happy with the prototype. We humbly ask for your patience and promise the phono stage soon.
 Regards,
  Bill