WTB Vintage ACI

7red

WTB Vintage ACI
« on: 16 Jan 2008, 07:52 pm »
Early to mid 1990s up to the Emerald/Protege era.  Thanks

JohnCZ

Re: WTB Vintage ACI
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2008, 08:43 pm »
I have a pair of the ACI G3 speakers built in the mid 90s. They are a 3-way with a 10 woofer. It was offered as a kit also. These were built for me with 1" thick mdf cabinets. They were originally built to be used in an office and have seen little use. I would sell them in their cabinets or just the drivers and crossover. I also have the original manual and build instructions.
John

7red

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2008, 04:16 pm »
John,

Do you have any pics?  Are they the same dimensions as the factory built model?  As I recall, they are pretty big; any idea what it would cost to ship them to Latham, New York - 12110?

Joe

JohnCZ

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2008, 11:32 pm »
Joe,
The speakers were built to the exact dimensions listed in the instructions, however, since they were built with 1" MDF they are slightly larger (by a half an inch or less). The size is 12 x 12.5 x 36. They are very heavy - probably 80-90 lbs. each.  Boxing and shipping would not be cheap.  You could easily build a new cabinet for less than the shipping cost and make them look as good as you want.  I could ship the drivers, crossover and damping material for a lot less.  My current cabinets are finished with a spray on Granite Stone gray finish.  If you are still interested, I can send you a picture.  And if you would like the cabinets, I would advise taking the drivers out and packing them separately. I believe I paid $450 for the kit a few years back.  I would sell the drivers and components shipped for $200. As I mentioned earlier, I have the original manual that describes in detail how to build cabinets for the speakers. If you did not want to build them yourself, a woodworker should be able to do a good job assembling cabinets for you.
John