Peachtree Audio Decco is working, but Mac has issue....

epapir

My Decco just arrived on Friday and I love it!   I have two Mac computers.  One is a PowerMac G5 and the other is a Macbook Pro.  When I plug the USB into the Macbook Pro, it sounds perfect.  However, when I plug into the PowerMac, I get a horrible buzzing/"oscillating" sound coming from the speakers.  It starts as soon as the tube comes on.  If I turn the volume all the way down, I still hear it.  If I mute the Decco, the sound goes away.  All 3 devices are plugged into the same "strip" (with additional protection behind it).  I initially thought it might be a ground loop, but this is something that is coming from the computer itself.  I know the Decco is fine because everything works perfectly through the MacBook Pro.  Any ideas on how to fix my issue with the G5 which is unfortunately my primary music source?

Thanks,

E

ZLS

Re: Peachtree Audio Decco is working, but Mac has issue....
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2008, 07:45 pm »
    Is it possible that the MacBook Pro is running off it's battery power even though it is plugged in?  If so it would be the electrical power supply that you would have to deal with. 

epapir

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2008, 01:52 am »
It looks like my problem is solved!  I added a ground lifter and the noises went away.   :duh:  I had issues with ground loops in the past, but they sounded a bit different.

Now onto enjoying the Decco .......

Erik

mca

« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2008, 04:21 pm »
Erik,

What speakers are you using with the Decco? Are you still enjoying the setup?