merlin music speakers

rbwalt

merlin music speakers
« on: 13 Jan 2008, 03:44 pm »
Hi my name is Rob Walters and i am new to the site. if anyone in the Dc metro area would like to audition the Merlin Music VSM MXE speakers with the Music Reference RM9SE amp i would be more than glad to let you hear them. i am in the Potomac fall area( Reston, Sterling, Great Falls area) of northern VA. just let me know.

thanks and happy listening.

rob Walters. :thumb:
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2008, 04:59 pm by rbwalt »

Dave G

Re: merlin music speakers
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2008, 04:11 pm »
Rob,

Welcome to Audio Circle and to our local circle. 

I can't help you, but I'm also interested in hearing some Merlin Music VSM speakers.  If you're able to work out a local audition, I might like to tag along.  I'm in McLean.

Dave Gayer

rbwalt

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2008, 04:21 pm »
HI dave. you can listen to them at my house.  i live in cascades the lowes island section. just let me know. you are more than welcome. i am using the se amp along with a joule electra la-150mk2 line stage. the cdp is the new audio aero capitole classic se. all interconnects are cardas gr with jps ac+ power cords. also using two equitech balanced power units.

rob.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2008, 02:42 am »
Rob - I'd love to come over and hear them some time.  I have Thiel 3.7s and Bryston electronics (make my own power cords and cables) in the main system and live down the road from you (definitely less than a couple of miles as I'm a mile from the Great Falls Plaza shopping center).

rbwalt

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2008, 02:46 pm »
Hi Phil. yes by all means come over and give a listen. evenings are good for me or on the weekend. so just let me know. i am at 20494 swecker farm pl.

rob.

mcullinan

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jan 2008, 02:53 pm »
I have the Nuforce 9SEv2 and MErlin VSM MX (leaded version) and these two make for a great combination. Happy listening.
Mike

rbwalt

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jan 2008, 03:35 pm »
hi mike . glad to hear you love the merlins. get them upgraded and get the super bam. you will really poop your pants and you will not believe your ears!!!! it is worth the $$$ to have it done. call bobby and discuss it with him if you have not already.

rob.

marco1

« Reply #7 on: 8 Apr 2008, 11:11 am »
Hi Rob:

I just posted a rather long winded piece on Audiogon about wanting to try the Merlins but having to drive so far to audition them.  Then I happened to see you post.  Sooo, if the offer is still good, I'd like to take you up on it.  BTW, I use an AA Capitol and the RM10's in mono block.  Please let me know.

Regards, Mark

rbwalt

« Reply #8 on: 8 Apr 2008, 01:23 pm »
HI Marco. yes you are more than welcome to come by and listen to the Merlin's.where are you located? just let me know when it is good for you to come over. i am home every night and on weekends.

rob.

rbwalt

« Reply #9 on: 8 Apr 2008, 01:24 pm »
sorry i should have said HI Mark. just not awake yet.

rob.

marco1

« Reply #10 on: 8 Apr 2008, 01:54 pm »
Thanks Rob, I just sent you a PM as well.

jtsnead

« Reply #11 on: 13 Apr 2008, 05:26 am »
Hi my name is Jerry I work in the DC area and live in northern MD, Westminster that is, any how I just sold a audio alchemy cd player to a nice fellow and he told me about this circle, I am looking for some people to talk to, listen to systems, etc., since you are the newest post I thought I would contatct you, I have always wanted to hear Merlins and also would like to talk about the society meetings, email lists etc. talk to you soon

marco1

« Reply #12 on: 13 Apr 2008, 11:25 am »
Hi Jerry:

I'm brand new to the site as well, so I'm still feeling my way around.  I'm sure some other people will chime in though.  But in the meantime you may want to contat Rob Walters, the person who started the thread, about listening to his Merlins.

Regards, Mark

jtsnead

« Reply #13 on: 15 Apr 2008, 09:53 am »
Hi Mark, yeh I am still trying to find my way around, thanks for the suggestion

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #14 on: 15 Apr 2008, 02:07 pm »
Hi Mark, yeh I am still trying to find my way around, thanks for the suggestion
hi jerry,

welcome to a/c.   :green:  this site, as you will find, is wery user friendly - quite easy to navigate.  you can directly private-message (pm) individual persons by clicking on the li'l enwelope below their user name.  and, be sure to set up your profile to automatically notify you when you have received a pm.  as well as clicking on the auto-notify box so you know when someone has posted to a thread you're interested in following...

doug s.,
enjoying the audio alchemy acd-pro stable-platter transport i stole from ya.   :thumb:

jtsnead

« Reply #15 on: 17 Apr 2008, 12:13 am »
stole it?, yeah right I couldn't give it away, just kidding it really is good xport, probally better if you modded it, clock etc. if that is possible. Did you ever hear the Melins at that guys house in the thread?, always liked a good two way, also got my Marantz Sa11-S2, definitely is better than the S1, Good to hear from you Doug, glad you lie the ACD Pro

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #16 on: 17 Apr 2008, 01:34 am »
stole it?, yeah right I couldn't give it away, just kidding it really is good xport, probally better if you modded it, clock etc. if that is possible. Did you ever hear the Melins at that guys house in the thread?, always liked a good two way, also got my Marantz Sa11-S2, definitely is better than the S1, Good to hear from you Doug, glad you lie the ACD Pro

hi jerry,

ya - $248 for that transport is stealing, imo!   :green:

i never heard the merlins at this guy's place.  i heard early merlins several years ago, at a friend's house - i was underwhelmed.  but they're not like the latest iterations at all.  i agree that 2-ways can be excellent - i have a pair of proac tablette 8 reference signatures that are fantastic, as well as a pair of hot-rodded dillon egos, & a pair of meret re's, both also excellent...  and, even the relatively inexpensive usher s520's are very nice...  mine presently reside at the ex's...  2-ways are especially conducive to crossing over to subs.   8)  my present oris/fostex horns w/15" fostex loaded lascala bass bins also qualify as "good two ways".   :D

best,

doug s.