Monica 2 NOS DAC - Pickup Only - Ann Arbor, Michigan - Price now US$125

ashok

For sale is the Monica2 Non-Oversampling DAC by http://www.diyparadise.com.

I bought it as an assembled and tested PCB in early 2005, and made a working DAC by adding the chassis, power supply, a current-to-voltage converter, etc.

You get the items shown in the picture (including the covers for the chassis):
  • Power supply enclosure with a 12VDC, 7Ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery, with external automatic charger. A DPDT switch in the enclosure will connect the battery to the charger, or to the DAC.
  • Connecting cable between power supply enclosure and the DAC is included.
  • Coaxial cable (Blue Jeans RCA) to connect the CDP S/PDIF output to the DAC input is included.
  • In the DAC chassis, you can see two boards. The one to the back is the D/A converter. The one to the front is a I/V converter. The two big copper cans you see are Obbligato coupling capacitors at the output of the DAC.
You will need to supply interconnects to connect the DAC to your preamp, receiver or integrated amp.

Asking price is US$125.00 cash. Local pickup in Ann Arbor only. I can deliver in the A2/Ypsi area. The PC boards are just sitting in the chassis, and not bolted down. Same with the battery. Therefore, I am very sure that I will not ship them.

Thanks for looking. Please respond via PM if you are interested.

Best regards,

Ashok

« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2008, 09:37 pm by ashok »

ashok

Price now dropped to US$125.00.

Thanks.