sp 1.7 remote anyone?

carlos3621

sp 1.7 remote anyone?
« on: 8 Jan 2008, 05:24 am »
does anybody have a remote for an sp 1.7 ???
ive lost mine (either that or it grew legs) :?  , if anybody has one to sell please let me know, as the 500 for a new one is very pricey and i wouldnt mind a used one.

thanks
carlos

Phil A

Re: sp 1.7 remote anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2008, 05:47 am »
Bryston has the Pronto files at their website I believe.  They probably can also give you the remote codes for a cheapo universal or you could try remotecentral.com too.  I'm sure another local Bryston owner could also use their remote to program a cheapo one for you.  Where are you located?

carlos3621

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2008, 02:58 pm »
phil, im in southern california, 
what is the best replacement remote,, i mean will i have ALL the functions of the original (like the save settings button)?

thanks guys

ec

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2008, 11:10 pm »
I use the HomeTheatreMaster MX-500 (I actually have two, one for each system).  You will have to learn the commands the old fashion way by putting the two remotes head to head.  So you will need an original. I am very happy with this remote and you can get it online for less than $100.  I have been using this thing for about 2-3 years now with no problem.  You will have to replace batteries (4 AA) about every 4 - 6 months though.

carlos3621

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jan 2008, 04:20 am »
is there anybody from the southern calif. area (orange county) whom would allow me to program a remote?

thanks
carlos

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2008, 03:06 am »
is there anybody from the southern calif. area (orange county) whom would allow me to program a remote?

thanks
carlos

You could also ask at your local Bryston dealer and bring your own universal remote.  Doesn't hurt to ask via phone.