Jan News is Up

Ekeman

Jan News is Up
« on: 6 Jan 2008, 04:26 am »
Jan News is up, they are introducing several new speakers ! ! !
http://www.norh.com/news.html

As a former Norh owner (recently replaced 6.9 based HT system with AV123 Mini/Ref based system) I wonder if Norh (specifically Michael Barnes) has been too slow in releasing and promoting new speaker designs to keep the brand alive.

I really enjoyed my 6.9 based system, thought it was great for 2 channel music and good for HT, but I ended up taking advantage of some great Xmas sales at AV123 and replaced by Norh system with a Mini/Ref system for not much more $$ than the 6.9's had cost (six years ago). Looks like since Michael Barnes has gotten involved with Norhtec, the Norh speakers have not had much at all going on till Jan news.

macdaddyjakarta

Re: Jan News is Up
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2008, 01:42 am »
It's hard to know what to think of the new design. I looked up the manufacturer and they seem to be marketing to DIY'ers and boat owners, since the drivers are waterproof. There don't seem to be any independent reviews of the drivers on the DC Gold Audio site; until I read about them, I will stay on the sidelines.

I, too, own a pair of 6.9s, (and a marble 4.0 center) which I really am happy with--the only weakness being the very deep footprint. I am going to be up in Bangkok in February so I am going to try to get to the showroom and arrange for a listening test. If/when I do, I'll be sure to post my thoughts here.

Chris