Yawn: Economical power DIY cords

earwig

Yawn: Economical power DIY cords
« on: 3 Jan 2008, 10:42 am »
I remain unconvinced about effects of cryrogenics freezing of ac wire where no music signal passes through it.
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2008, 09:08 am by earwig »

Occam

Re: Yawn: Economical power DIY cords
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2008, 02:54 pm »
and who cares what you think? The business models of cable manufacturers is not an appropriate subject for discussion within the Lab Circle. If you wish to discuss such, feel free to do so in another more appropriate circle. The Lab is the Circle for discussion of DIY and technical matters. Folks have made a serious effort to share their own experiences, but you seem intent on continuing your irrelevant trolls. Take is elsewhere.

FWIW,
Paul, Facilitator of the Lab Circle

Photon46

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2008, 04:07 pm »
Earwig, what's with the snippy attitude about the veracity of my perceptions? I have no agenda, merely reporting my experiences. I was the most skeptical person imaginable, it surprised me more than you can imagine when I actually heard substantive improvements from a pc. Maybe "jaw dropping" is hyperbole that should be banned from any further audio discussions. Perhaps it was jaw dropping because my suspicions and reservations were negated by the absolutely undeniable improvements I heard. Perhaps my jaw dropping is your yawn. I may extol the improvements I taste between a vsop vs. vs cognac that someone else might dismiss as insignificant. On a different note, I've heard numerous people slam PS Audio power ports as "unmusical" and substandard to this or that. I've tried replacing my Power Port with other high end outlets, they all sound the same to me. So obviously, things are some degree system/listener dependent. Doesn't mean I don't believe some else couldn't have different but valid perceptions of the same product.

ohenry

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2008, 04:41 pm »
On to the really important stuff...

Hey Occam, is that primate smoking or is it holding the business end of a soldering iron?  :o  :lol:

Occam

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jan 2008, 06:56 pm »
Thats me smoking, which accounts for my less than easygoing attitude. With the new year, I'm trying to quit, yet again  :icon_twisted:

Folsom

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jan 2008, 07:06 pm »
http://www.vhaudio.com/neotech-nep-1001.html

$999.99 a meter, worth it? I got no idea, you try it out.

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #6 on: 3 Jan 2008, 07:08 pm »
Good luck on that one. It's a rough road

Thats me smoking, which accounts for my less than easygoing attitude. With the new year, I'm trying to quit, yet again  :icon_twisted: