What do you prefer the new video technology in 2008? "Laser,"LCD or Plasma

tanchiro58

I just watch this incredible and exciting news of New Video Technology which is "LASER TV" that has been developed in the Bay Area of California. This is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS6wsJRGqnQ&feature=related

What are your opinions?
« Last Edit: 3 Jan 2008, 07:32 am by tanchiro58 »

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
Its enough to make me wait.
My current TV is a three year old 30" Sony WEGA CRT that goes up
to 1080i. Every time I come home after checking out the latest LCDs,
my 'own lyin' eyes' tell me that what I have is as good, if not better,
than what I was lusting after. Yes, its aging, but it can last until I
learn more of this.

nonoise

John151

Very interesting. 

I thought OLED was the next break through technology.   :scratch: 

Jim N.

• Who you callin' an audiophile?????
I am most likely going to get a 37-42" LCD in the next week. On a tight budget so it most likely will be 720. Not much of a videophile (eyesight could be better) and like the low energy consumption and relative lack of weight of the LCD. My Mistubishi 27" from 1988 is still going but I think I am ready for a change.

jimdgoulding

I with ya brother Jim!  You must be thinkin Samsung with that 37"?  I was at my brother in law's house and watched the bowl games New Year's on his 42" 720p Piojomama plasma.  What I could do with that is my house.  He's got the contrast over the top.  Anywho, I'm like you on the practical issues.  Whadda you know about the refresh rates?  Is 8x as good as it's gonna get?  And whadda I know about it anyway.  Where ya gettin the best deal, Jim?  Thanks.

Jim N.

• Who you callin' an audiophile?????
Jim, still looking around. Here in the L.A. area there are plenty of places to shop. I don't want to take the risk of buying from an internet source as returning the sucker could be a royal PITA. Pay a little more for the convenience. The Samsung is one that I am looking at plus a few others. Heck, I mostly watch History Channel, National Geographic, Military Channel, Discovery etc and some movies plus a lot of concert DVD's. Got digital cable so I don't even need a tuner so HD Ready one would be fine. The cheaper ones like Vizio have gotten decent reviews. I'll let my tired old eyes be the judge. Have a smaller room so I don't need a really large screen.

giantsteps

I prefer ANY Pioneer Kuro plasma.  :thumb:

Frank