What Wires Are You Using With Your RWA Equipment?

ZLS

What Wires Are You Using With Your RWA Equipment?
« on: 1 Jan 2008, 12:06 am »
 :scratch:  I am curious and eager to learn what wires RWA equipment owners are using?  I am more interested in the composition and configuration than I am in brand names.  Copper, Silver, a Composite; single strand, multistrand; what terminations (here it would be brand names) do you find sound best. 
   I thank you in advance. 

P.S. What power cords do you use? 

TONEPUB

Re: What Wires Are You Using With Your RWA Equipment?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jan 2008, 01:44 am »
The power cord is irrelevant with the Battery supply, but on the rest of my
systems, I'm using a mixture of Running Springs Mongoose, A few Audience
PowerChords, A few Essential Sound Products The Essence "Reference"
and have Shunyatas new Anaconda Helix power cords.

As for speaker cables, another story.

I don't usually see speaker cables varying with the amp as much as with
the speaker in question. 

Been using the new Shunyata Andromeda Helix with excellent results.
This has become my new favorite and works quite well with my 30.2

Here's all the tech stuff:

http://www.shunyata.com/Content/products-SC.Andromeda.html

I've tried quite a few cables with the 30.2 so far and have not had
a problem with anything, this is a great little amp!

Jampot

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2008, 03:50 am »

If I am a heretic - burn me at the stake :icon_twisted:

There is a thread in the Omega circle from a couple of years ago.... you'll have to do your own search, this is 'Hogmanay' and I am now on the outside of my share of  magnum of Merlot red wine :thumb:) about suitable wires.

The upshot was that it is hard to hear the differance between branded wires and simple magnet wire or even a twisted pair stripped out of a length of cat 5 network cable. So that is what I am using - the cat 5 I mean.

I accept that if you have sprung seversl large on Sig 30 / 70s and Gibbon Devore 8/9s You may be able to (really) hear a difference but not for most of the time.

I have tried silver and copper interconnects and find it to be a matter of taste....... You have to try them.

Jim

TONEPUB

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jan 2008, 04:12 am »
I don't even want to start another one of these arguments.
If you are getting good results with cat 5 wire, more power
to you...

ZLS

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jan 2008, 05:38 am »
 aa Re: The Power Cords; I was just seeing if people were paying attention!

R Browne

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jan 2008, 07:42 pm »
Digital Cable: Stereovox XV2 constructed from pure tape-wrapped Full Density PTFE Teflon, a silver-plated copper woven shield, an FEP jacket and a single high-purity copper micro-sized tube with 0.008" thick walls equivalent to 32 AWG.

Interconnect: Audio Note AN-Vx 99.99% pure silver 27 strand litz wire symmetrical, copper screen, AN-P heavily silver plated RCA plugs.

Speaker Cables: Bi-wired Audio Note Lexus XL, 4 internal conductors per strand, pure copper litz cable, four strands for stereo connection. Silver plated banana plugs, AN-BP/AG and silver plated spades, AN-SS.

low.pfile

« Reply #6 on: 14 Apr 2008, 08:32 pm »
This "What wires..." thread did not get very far. As mentioned above it may be thought that the synergy is more related to the cable / speaker combo, rather than amp / cable.

So I am looking for speaker cables to tryout with the Sig 30.2 amp + Modwright 9.0SE pre + Devore Super 8s (w/ VH Pulsar ICs). Currently have Anti-Cables to use...It would be great to see the difference between the Speltz's and X. my plan is to try something with either a 30-day trial or used (able to resell if needed) My budget is $350max. (8ft)

Speaker cables mentioned in "What wires" and "What speakers" threads:
- Audio Note Lexus XL (3-meters, single-wired :$687) SPKR: Audio Note AN/J
- DIY CAT 5 network cable ($??)
- Kubala Sosna cables (Mega $$) SPKR: Zu Def 2s

My search has only uncovered these options:
- Audio Art SC-5s: $160/8FTpr
- Guerrilla Copper Single Ended Speaker Cable: $259/9+FTpr
~ I wish Ven Haus had pre-made speaker cables: I'm hardly a electronics DIY guy
~ What else should I consider (used or trial offered)?

My 30.2 is ordered and about a month away. The Super8s should be in my house this coming weekend :)

thanks, ed

tanchiro58

« Reply #7 on: 14 Apr 2008, 08:40 pm »
:scratch:  I am curious and eager to learn what wires RWA equipment owners are using?  I am more interested in the composition and configuration than I am in brand names.  Copper, Silver, a Composite; single strand, multistrand; what terminations (here it would be brand names) do you find sound best. 
   I thank you in advance. 

P.S. What power cords do you use? 

I use a DIY OFC (pure copper from Nippon Core Japan) interconnects and speaker cables between my Promitheus DAC and custombuilt Signature 8608 preamp and RWA Clari-T battery amp. They are excellent combination I ever have had.

-Richard-

« Reply #8 on: 14 Apr 2008, 11:37 pm »
Hi ZLS ~

I use cheapy Lowes high-gauge "speaker wire". Blasphemy!!!!

I have Nordost interconnects for my RCA connections only because I "believed" in the olden days of my audio addiction that it was "essential" to use a "high level" wire.

Well... if someone would drop by with examples of this or what wire... and it sounded appreciably "better" than what I was using... and was "reasonable"... I would consider it.

What I am hearing is so incredible that I have no interest to go further... and I have stopped "believing" in wire.

Warmest Regards ~ Richard