It Lives! ACI's new Listening Room #1

Mike Dzurko

It Lives! ACI's new Listening Room #1
« on: 31 Dec 2007, 09:03 pm »
I vowed that we'd be up and running by the end of 2007, one way or another. At 11:53 today, December 31, 2007 the first wonderful  sounds of music emanated from the Sapphire XLs . . .  Yahoo!

ajayrav

Re: It Lives! ACI's new Listening Room #1
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2007, 09:20 pm »
Nice, Mike!  The walls are the same color as my listening room (one wall anyway).... 

Regarding the electronics, the CDP looks like a Rega (Apollo or Saturn?) and the preamp looks like a Parasound Halo.  Is that right?  What amps are being used?

Ajay

MaxCast

« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2007, 09:27 pm »
did you make it the same size as a hotel room? he he he

What did you do to the ceiling?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2007, 09:30 pm »
Nice job....looks good Mike !!!  :beer:

How big is that room ? Thanks.... :thumb:

Capt. Z

« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2007, 09:44 pm »
Nice Job.

Looking forward for some pictures with some subwoofers (preferable 2)

WGH

« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2007, 10:27 pm »
Nice big room!

And big amps too, they look bigger than the Sapphire XLs'. You must be rockin'  :drums:

Wayne

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2007, 10:31 pm »
Very nice looking.   :thumb:

Now you need to get some room treatments in there!

What color/paint is the wall?

George

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2007, 10:47 pm »
Nice, Mike!  The walls are the same color as my listening room (one wall anyway).... 

Regarding the electronics, the CDP looks like a Rega (Apollo or Saturn?) and the preamp looks like a Parasound Halo.  Is that right?  What amps are being used?

Ajay

Ajay:

You've got good eyes  :D  Parasound Halo is correct, and Rega Apollo.  The amps are my trusty Muse Model 300 monoblocks.  Man, it was good to finally have music in the room!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #8 on: 31 Dec 2007, 10:51 pm »

It's a bit bigger than most hotel rooms, but believe me, I've thought of that before  :lol:   Ceiling is just double sheetrock with green glue between and your basic spray on texture. The light tray has basic rope light laid in. In the middle it's pre-wired for a PJ.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #9 on: 31 Dec 2007, 10:52 pm »
Nice job....looks good Mike !!!  :beer:

How big is that room ? Thanks.... :thumb:

Thanks Chris, I can't wait to have some time to really play. It's a bit over 24'long, 14' wide and 9' tall . . .

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #10 on: 31 Dec 2007, 10:53 pm »
Nice big room!

And big amps too, they look bigger than the Sapphire XLs'. You must be rockin'  :drums:

Wayne

Thanks Wayne ! The amps ARE big :)  And it already sound good, but there's a lot to be done .. .

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #11 on: 31 Dec 2007, 10:54 pm »
Nice Job.

Looking forward for some pictures with some subwoofers (preferable 2)

I'm told I'll be waiting at least two weeks for subs, customer orders come first (can you believe that:)  Once again I'm glad the XLs are pretty potent on their own.

MaxCast

« Reply #12 on: 31 Dec 2007, 10:55 pm »

It's a bit bigger than most hotel rooms, but believe me, I've thought of that before  :lol:   Ceiling is just double sheetrock with green glue between and your basic spray on texture. The light tray has basic rope light laid in. In the middle it's pre-wired for a PJ.

Looks sweet.  I've thought about a tray with light and incorporating some kind of sofit trap too.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #13 on: 31 Dec 2007, 10:56 pm »
Very nice looking.   :thumb:

Now you need to get some room treatments in there!

What color/paint is the wall?

George

Thanks George! You are right, room treatments are a must and though I've got a storage room full of goods, I know where the real treatments will be coming from.  Wish I could tell you on the paint, I'll try to remember to look at the can next time.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #14 on: 31 Dec 2007, 10:59 pm »

Looks sweet.  I've thought about a tray with light and incorporating some kind of sofit trap too.

Yep, I love the glow effect, really warms things up visually. I might "fly" some treatments from the ceiling, lots of details to complete first. Also want to take some time to listen and measure with the room bare. 

I've now been giving orders to help clean up for tonight's celebration. Happy and Safe New Year to everyone, talk to you next year!

Zero

« Reply #15 on: 31 Dec 2007, 11:38 pm »
Awesome! Congrats on the new room Mike. I'm sure those XL's are really enjoying the space.  Time to get those GIK panels in there! :)

DR

• The Man
« Reply #16 on: 1 Jan 2008, 12:19 am »
Awesome Mike! You will have something unequaled in your area. So it looks as though you have the Sapphire tweeters on the inside. I have mine on the outside. Any advice? What about your room made this better?

Thanks

DR   

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #17 on: 1 Jan 2008, 12:53 am »
Real nice room, some GIK panels w/wood trim that matches the ceiling would really really be sweet. As for color, I don't have a clue but I would suspect it would want to be a light color?  :dunno: Any ideas on where the XL's might be located? How far away from the front walls do you have them Sapphires Mike? That's it for questions.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #18 on: 2 Jan 2008, 02:52 pm »
Awesome Mike! You will have something unequaled in your area. So it looks as though you have the Sapphire tweeters on the inside. I have mine on the outside. Any advice? What about your room made this better?

Thanks

DR   

Thanks Dave.  Frankly, I just plopped the XLS down and turned them on. . .  this was a last hour rush to meet my self imposed demand of having the room "on" by the end of 2007.  Tweeters in or out often depends on the room. It's one of many factors I'll be playing with soon.

Eric

« Reply #19 on: 2 Jan 2008, 05:17 pm »
Looks awesome. Bet it sounds good too