The best Terminator movie yet?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 24 Sep 2003, 04:06 am »
I just got back from seeing T3:  Rise of the Machines tonite, and what can I say?  I think this is the best Terminator movie yet.  Good story, great effects, and I think very good performances.  I've always loved Claire Danes, but the real surprise was Kristanna Loken.  Sure, she's an Uber-Hottie, but I was amazed at the sense of menace she brought to the role of the Terminatrix (love that name! 8) ).

The movie had some fun with the conventions of the earlier movie (the star shaped sunglasses were a riot) while maintaining the dark elements.  I hate to say too much about the story, in case someone reading this hasn't seen it, but it definately takes a different road than the other movies.  No Fate?  Maybe or maybe not...

What do you guys think?  It's my fave yet, and Ahnuld or no Ahnuld, I'd welcome another installment.

bubba966

« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2003, 06:12 am »
Rob,

While I highly enjoyed T3, I think T2 is better overall.

After repeated viewings of T3, it started to get a little old. It's great fun the first time or two. But after 4 or 5 viewings, it wasn't nearly as enjoyable.

Where as T2 took me 4 or 5 times the viewings to get even close ot being old. T2 was just put together better overall. It wasn't as flashy or amusing as T3. But T2 was polished much better than T3 was. As such it stands up to repeated viewings better.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2003, 06:19 am »
I didn't miss the heavy hand of Cameron, though.  Some elements weren't as good as T2, mostly we don't see as much development of the t-100 as a 'character' like in the 2nd one.  But then again, do we want to watch him learn human slang again?

I'm not disagreeing with you; I've only seen it once.  Besides, there can be no disputing a matter of taste.  Still, at a minimum, T3 is a worthy flick in the cycle.

Rocket

hi
« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2003, 09:11 am »
hi,

i like t3 quite a lot but i also think that may'be they shouldn't make too many more movies.  the storyline is getting a little tiring.

regards

rocket

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2003, 09:20 am »
Don't worry, they can't make you go see them if you don't want too! :lol:

Point taken, though.  You can ruin a good thing by overdoing it.  Although I don't think you could "over-do" Kristanna Loken! 8)

jlupine

Terminators
« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2003, 08:24 pm »
I consider T1 the best:  the originality of the concept, Kyle's harrowing dreams, the development of the characters, etc. more than offset the limited budget and comparaively modest special effects.  The virtue of T2 was Sarah Connor's emergence as a resourceful, accomplished fighter.  I felt that the movie relied too heavily on the morphing special effect and unsuccessful extensions of the humor in T1.  My favorite special effect was T1000's frozen feet breaking off after the liquid nitrogen exposure.  T3 was more disappointing still, but the amazing portable crane sequence and fatalistic conclusion redeemed it somewhat.

Jan

Sa-dono

« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2003, 07:08 am »
Well I finally saw this movie :| I must say plot-wise, this was the most disappointing movie. The action was great though..and how could I hate any movie with Kristanna Loken going around looking like that! Swwwiiiiiiing! :mrgreen:

So the most important thing, body double or no for Kristanna? :lol:

IanATC

Loken
« Reply #7 on: 17 Nov 2003, 07:42 am »
Loken is stunning.  

I like this movie.  It did not quite have the menace of part I or II, but it holds up well as an excellent bit of entertainment.  I just puchased the DVD myself.

I really love the stunts!  And the fight scenes are great!  You really have to like that fight in the toilet when Loken gets her face planted into a bowl!  

The crane stunt was one of the best seqences in theaters.  The ending (as expected)  was a downer, but it brings things into continuity.

I am not a big Claire Danes fan, and the chap that plays John is a little bit of a goofball.  He reminds me in some ways of Scott Evil from Austin powers.

other than that...nice movie experiance for me.  Two thumbs up, and something else up for Ms. Loken in tight leather.  :D

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 17 Nov 2003, 08:57 pm »
I just thank god they didn't get Furlong to reprise his role as John Connor; he really stunk up T2, IMO.

T3 certainly had one of my favorite chase scenes on film (with the crane).

I read an interview w/Loken where she described her initial uneasiness w/ doing the nudity and deciding basically if Arnold did it she could too.  She also describes getting into shape so she'd look okay when she did it!  Yeah, I'd say it worked! :lol:   So as I understand, no body double.