Hey Rup, any update on the RM/Xs?

Horsehead

« on: 24 Sep 2003, 12:07 am »
Hi Rup,

Just wondering if you got settled in and have the RM/Xs singing yet?  If so, how about some further impressions, associated equipment, photos, etc?  I'd love to come over and have a listen when you are ready for some guests.  Any other NYC area RM40 owners care to get together and visit Rup's place for some RM40/RM/X comparisons- provided he doesn't mind.

rkapadia@ROOP

• Industry Participant
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2003, 03:38 pm »
Hey Horsehead,

Thanks for asking.  After about 400 Hours on the RM/X they were finally settling in where I wasn't having to retune them every other day.  Paired with the Spectron Musician II, the results were excellent.  However, Spectron has a new revision of the amplifier coming out, so the old MII went back to the factory for updating.  I'm currently without amplification.  As soon as I'm set to go, all are welcome to stop by - we'll definitely be having a get together.   The sound quality is a couple notches up from the RM40's I had previously, though exactly how much contributes from the TRT (did not have on the RM40), and how much results from the RM/x design I can't say for certain.

Regards,

Rup

Horsehead

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2003, 08:08 pm »
Thanks Rup- great news.  If it wasn't so damn heavy I would bring over my X350 for you to fire up with the RM/Xs.  In my system, the TRT caps made a dramatic difference so I can't wait to hear the RM/Xs- although the room, electronics, and associated equipment will be different when I stop by your place.