7N Ohno Contineous cast wire UPOCC wire

artaudio

• Industry Participant
7N Ohno Contineous cast wire UPOCC wire
« on: 22 Dec 2007, 03:41 pm »
We carry wide range of different gauges  solid core wire

7N UPOCC silver 20AWG, 24AWG in teflon suitable for interconnect & speaker cable.
It provide wide bandwidth and vocal band has the right timbre. Do not sound bright like normal
silver wire.

7N UPOCC copper wire
24AWG in teflon
20AWG in teflon

20AWG in PVC
20AWG in PVC cryogenic treated.
26AWG in PVC sleeve.

www.ahfartaudio.com
sales@ahfartaudio.com

Ric Schultz

Re: 7N Ohno Contineous cast wire UPOCC wire
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2007, 11:59 pm »
What I would like is 26 gauge PCOCC copper coated with the thinnest amount possible of amber resin.  Amber resin was used by Be Yamamura years ago on his wires and that stuff sounded great.  Teflon is good, but not as pure sounding as natural materials.  I would think it would be a lot cheaper to produce than even PVC but I really don't know.  Amber resin is pretty cheap.  You could desolder the resin easily and because there would be practically nothing on the wire, you could bundle and twist several to give that litz magic.  7 wires twisted would be something like 18+ gauge.  Great hook up wire and you could always put it in a cotton braid for more insulation.

So, when can I order a few hundred feet?  he he.....I would gladly pay .50 a foot.

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 2007, 05:28 pm »
With copper prices where they are, you are dreaming if you think you'll be paying $.50/foot for any copper. 

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 23 Dec 2007, 06:11 pm »
14g Romex is still about $.50/ft...  :green:

Ric Schultz

« Reply #4 on: 23 Dec 2007, 06:40 pm »
Josh,
Did you look on the ahfartaudio site?  Currently, 26 gauge single strand PVC coated PCOCC copper is selling for 46 cents a foot (less in quantity).  26 gauge is pretty small.  And all they would have to do is run it through some melted amber resin.  I want.

Jon L

« Reply #5 on: 23 Dec 2007, 06:42 pm »
What I would like is 26 gauge PCOCC copper coated with the thinnest amount possible of amber resin. 

My sentiments exactly.  Have you tried the Vampire OCC magnet wire?  Pretty nice sounding stuff, especially when compared to solid silver in loose teflon tubing.

Then there's the Audio Consulting silver wire in enamel, which sounds nice, too, but I still like the Vampire magnet wire better.

JoshK

« Reply #6 on: 23 Dec 2007, 07:53 pm »
Not to pooh in this thread, but I contaced AHF art audio about a 60+ meter order and the prices have gone up over 40% from what is listed on the site.

Ric Schultz

« Reply #7 on: 24 Dec 2007, 12:47 am »
I have some of the CCC magnet wire here from Vampire and when I listened to it (straight wire bypass test) years ago I thought it sounded rolled off.  They use two layers of "Red Soldron".....whatever the heck that is.  Anyway, too thick of plastic for me.  I asked Vampire if they could get it with a single coating of the purest, thinnest poly they could but they said they couldn't....only could get the red soldron stuff.  Cardas magnet wire suffers the same problem.....way too thick of coating (2 layer, I believe) on the individual strands.  Seems they think the wire has to withstand several thousand volts.....very silly.  If you are going to use litz with high voltage....then just put some cotton or silk over it.

Yes, copper prices keep going up.  I was interpolating from their site and also the prices of PCOCC on the Canadian Take Five Audio site.

David Ellis

• http://www.ellisaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 24 Dec 2007, 01:55 am »
It provide wide bandwidth and vocal band has the right timbre. Do not sound bright like normal
silver wire.

I agree fully  :thumb:

I have some of the OCC Magnet Wire in a 21.5 gauge.  It sounds okay, but slightly too detailed for my ears.  I prefer the sound of the stranded 18ga OCC PVC Vampire behind my tweeters.  I believe that eventually ALL respectable speaker wire will have the OCC construction method. 

Dave