Christmas came early!!

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
Re: Christmas came early!!
« Reply #20 on: 22 Dec 2007, 08:28 pm »
Mike,

Actually, from what I understand, the $38K price of the MM3s is some sort of factory direct/introductory offer.  If you were to compare actual advertised MSRPs, the MM3s are listed at something like $50K.  Now, if you compare that to the $16K MSRP for the Continuum 2.5s in that finish ($15K for the Standard Finish)... well, I'd say that they offer a "reasonable" level of value. :wink:

-Bob

Midnite Mick

« Reply #21 on: 22 Dec 2007, 08:31 pm »
They look gorgeous.  I have been wanting to get my ears on a pair for some time now.  With seeing what they replaced it makes me want to hear them more.

Thanks,
Mike

Frank S.

« Reply #22 on: 23 Dec 2007, 01:30 am »
The Evolution were/are 38K arent they? Are you saying that the Continuums are an improvement over those speakers!!!
Mike

Not that price is always a determination of quality...

Mike- I'll be posting more detailed thoughts after living with the 2.5s for a while and paying back a myriad of recordings.  My initial reaction, to the music I have played thus far, is extremely positive.  They are absolutely competitive with the performance of the MM3s in my room and yes, in some areas, I am liking them better.  Fortunately, there are a few people who have heard the MM3s in my room and will get to hear the 2.5s.

The MM3s certainly impress with their sheer size, driver compliment, cabinet design, and price.  However, there is no substitute for good old fashioned engineering and ingenuity from a guy in La Porte, Indiana.  aa aa

Zero

« Reply #23 on: 23 Dec 2007, 01:44 am »
Those MM3's are NO joke. EXCELLENT speakers. I look forward to further impressions Frank.

Bob -  On one hand, I can't wait to get ahold of your Mini's when a pair free's up. The downside is, they may be a gateway drug. *gulp*.  Do I really know what I'm getting into? oh boy..

film

« Reply #24 on: 23 Dec 2007, 10:28 am »
...I wish I lived in NY so I can audition one easily.. :wink:

I have been following the SP Technology speakers and am in NY - How can I get to hear them?

I am currently in the market for a reference speaker, but even the MM2's are too large for me.

Please PM me if need be.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #25 on: 23 Dec 2007, 02:26 pm »
Frank....

Can you do me a favor ? Can you take a photo of the back of your speaker....thanks... :thumb:

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #26 on: 23 Dec 2007, 02:50 pm »
and could you get Lonewolf to come over and stand next to them so i could get an idea of the size. lol

Frank....

Can you do me a favor ? Can you take a photo of the back of your speaker....thanks... :thumb:

bhobba

« Reply #27 on: 23 Dec 2007, 09:03 pm »
I am currently in the market for a reference speaker, but even the MM2's are too large for me.

Have you thought about the new Timepiece mini?  The reports so far received on their performance is very positive:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=48470.0

Thanks
Bill

Big Red Machine

« Reply #28 on: 23 Dec 2007, 10:17 pm »
and could you get Lonewolf to come over and stand next to them so i could get an idea of the size. lol

He's really only 3' 7"!! :green:

Really, really, really nice looking speakers.  I would love to hear them.

Frank S.

« Reply #29 on: 24 Dec 2007, 02:56 am »
Frank....

Sure thing. Here you  go.  :)

AliG

« Reply #30 on: 24 Dec 2007, 03:43 am »
I got friends who would like to audition SP Tech speakers.. hence I'm calling for someone to initiate an audition list (which model you own, where do you live, what's the associated gears used to drive your speakers)?? Hopefully all the owners can participate.

Thanks!
barry

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #31 on: 24 Dec 2007, 04:06 am »
Thanks Frank.... :thumb:

Rx8man

« Reply #32 on: 24 Dec 2007, 04:07 pm »
Guys,

I've been scouring numerous threads in various forums for speakers and found that the two top speaker companies that interest me are both in La Porte, Indiana, what a coincidence !  :roll:

These SP's must be really special eh ?   :xmas:

« Last Edit: 24 Dec 2007, 05:01 pm by Rx8man »

film

« Reply #33 on: 24 Dec 2007, 06:56 pm »
RX8Man,

WHat other speaker you mentioned is made in Indiana?

BTW I'm running a titanium 6speed RX-8 as well, and someday hoping to
get it supercharged.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #34 on: 24 Dec 2007, 07:08 pm »
He means my 2 channel speakers, the RSA Sasons.   :thumb:

Pat...welcome to Audio Circle man!! :D :D

Rx8man

« Reply #35 on: 24 Dec 2007, 07:44 pm »
Ted, thanks, I like this place better too, what about that audition ?

It would save me a long trip to Indiana (at least for one place)

Film, my Rx8 moniker is actually a 91 RX-7 with provisions for a small block Chevy, hence the numeral 8.
« Last Edit: 24 Dec 2007, 08:06 pm by Rx8man »

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #36 on: 24 Dec 2007, 08:01 pm »
Pat,
As of this coming Thursday you can hear them both!  The highest end SP Tech's arrive (Revelation MR-1 Mark III's with Ultimate Mundorf outboard crossovers and Bob's proprietary Zero Resonance ribbon speaker cabling).  Although Bob has announced a Grand version (10 inch woofer compliments) this is his current creme da la creme.

Rx8man

« Reply #37 on: 24 Dec 2007, 08:07 pm »
Ted,

You've seriously gotta be kidding ?  :lol:

You were doing the same thing I was contemplating ?  :duh:

Frank S.

« Reply #38 on: 24 Dec 2007, 08:08 pm »
Pat,
As of this coming Thursday you can hear them both!  The highest end SP Tech's arrive (Revelation MR-1 Mark III's with Ultimate Mundorf outboard crossovers and Bob's proprietary Zero Resonance ribbon speaker cabling).  Although Bob has announced a Grand version (10 inch woofer compliments) this is his current creme da la creme.

You are in for a hell of a treat Ted. Happy Listening!  :beer:

Rx8man

« Reply #39 on: 24 Dec 2007, 08:15 pm »
Frank,

I finally came to rationalize the possibility of why you sold the Evos, quite a monumental move, but hey, in this hobby anything can happen, the future is now.

Ted might be selling something else too !

So I guess we're BOTH in for a treat ?  aa