Want to trade my SB2 for SB3

jrebman

Want to trade my SB2 for SB3
« on: 21 Dec 2007, 01:51 pm »
Ok, I'll admit this up front, it's really a matter of form factor and aesthetics than anything else, but I'd like to trade my SB2 for your SB3.

Here's the deal:

I have a Bolder modified SB2 -- enthusiast mods with Platinum Sonicap (Wayne, correct me if I'm wrong here), with gold WBT analog connectors, a Silver WBT digital connector, and has an additional Scientific Conversion pulse transformer on the digital out.  This is both wired and wireless, and everything is in fine condition mechanically and cosmetically.  The only downside is that it has no more than 50 hours on it, and hasn't been played in several months.  The mods were done about this time last year, so I don't know if there have been any changes (other than Statement mods) since then, but my best guess is that this is the same as the current level enthusiast mods.

What I want is basically the same thing -- though I don't care about the pulse transformer, the silver WBT or wireless operation.

So, why would you want to do this?  Well, for the better output caps that the larger case affords, or because you might want to build an all-in-one box with SB, power supply, buffer, etc., and supposedly the SB2 is easier to work with for this.

Just PM or email, and if there is more than one response, preference will go to the one that most closely matches mine and has the black/silver case.

This whole thing is no big deal, just thought I'd throw it out for consideration.  I'm leaving on holiday travel, so nothing will happen until I return, and I can definitely ship to you first so you don't have any downtime.

Thanks,

Jim

mcgsxr

Re: Want to trade my SB2 for SB3
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2007, 07:13 pm »
I thought about it, but in checking with Wayne, the work he did on my unit almost 2 years ago (!) is well behind what he does now.

Oh well, at least I DID think about it!

All the best, good luck,

Mark

jrebman

« Reply #2 on: 3 Feb 2008, 12:13 am »
Mark,

Jeez, don't know why I didn't see this until now.  Sorry.

Just a little bumpsky in case anybody else may be interested.

Thanks,

Jim

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #3 on: 3 Feb 2008, 02:36 am »
Jim,

I might wanna take you up on the offer. My full analog mod SB 3 is about a year and a half old.

I've been planning on building myself a version of the SB 3 in a stand alone case with power supply all in one.

Let me talk to Wayne about a couple of things, and I'll get back to you.

Cheers

jrebman

« Reply #4 on: 3 Feb 2008, 03:01 am »
Denny,

And I never even mentioned it to you today, and yet the last time we talked I remembered you saying you were going to do something like this.  Duh.

Just let me know what you want to do,

Jim

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2008, 07:51 pm »
Jim,

I spoke to Wayne yesterday, and am going to do some more trick stuff to my SB 3 with Wayne's new mods and power supply.

Just thought I would bump this thread along.

Cheers

jrebman

« Reply #6 on: 7 Feb 2008, 10:08 pm »
Denny,

Can't at all blame you for that.  I think you'll be very happy.

I've actually decided that since this is in my office (i.e. - the man cave) that the aesthetics aren't a problem.

Wayne, do I have sonicaps or v-caps in this one?  Did you even offer v-caps for the sb2?  I even wonder if that is possible anymore as the v-caps seem to have grown in recent times.

-- Jim