Some good Blu-Ray deals out there

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Some good Blu-Ray deals out there
« on: 17 Dec 2007, 03:21 pm »
Need to hurry fast as they things are time and inventory sensitive.

Fry's:  $9.99 and up.

http://shop4.outpost.com/search?query_string=&sort=price&order=asc&order_by=p03a&cat=-59248&pType=pDisplay&from=0&to=24

Amazon:  Buy one, get one free from a specific list.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_6039682_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000177751&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=0NKTFQ6HJ1WW4JKYJCEK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=339226401&pf_rd_i=193640011

I also believe that Best Buy and Circuit City are running some Buy One, Get One Free deals as well.

George

mcullinan

Re: Some good Blu-Ray deals out there
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2007, 03:26 pm »
I had a question.. If I get a BluRay drive for my Mac, will I be able to play Blue ray movies?
Mike

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2007, 03:32 pm »
Some comments, questions about blu-ray.

I had to send my Panasonic BD30K in for repairs already.  It quit reading disks after the 3rd disk.  Not inspiring confidence.

I am a bit dissapointed in the sparse releases. 

Also, who wants to buy a blu-ray of a movie that won't look any better than it would on DVD?  I rented 28 Days Later on blu-ray and the PQ was total crap.  Why re-release this movie on blu-ray?  Its PQ on DVD wasn't even good.  A lot of the old re-releases are probably going to be the same.

Planet Earth on BR rocks!  My wife and I love nature shows and watch public TV's nature.  This is the penultimate nature series.  Highly recommended if you haven't already purchased/rented it.  We had already seen some of it on public TV, but it is nice to watch it again on BR.

Anyway, its a bit OT in this thread, but looking through the pickings for the sales, it made me wonder who would buy some of these. 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2007, 03:36 pm »
Some comments, questions about blu-ray.

I had to send my Panasonic BD30K in for repairs already.  It quit reading disks after the 3rd disk.  Not inspiring confidence.

I am a bit dissapointed in the sparse releases. 

Also, who wants to buy a blu-ray of a movie that won't look any better than it would on DVD?  I rented 28 Days Later on blu-ray and the PQ was total crap.  Why re-release this movie on blu-ray?  Its PQ on DVD wasn't even good.  A lot of the old re-releases are probably going to be the same.

Planet Earth on BR rocks!  My wife and I love nature shows and watch public TV's nature.  This is the penultimate nature series.  Highly recommended if you haven't already purchased/rented it.  We had already seen some of it on public TV, but it is nice to watch it again on BR.

Anyway, its a bit OT in this thread, but looking through the pickings for the sales, it made me wonder who would buy some of these. 

Agreed Josh.

Like everything, you need to know what you are doing so that you make good selections.

George