New Horizons For 2008

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
New Horizons For 2008
« on: 17 Dec 2007, 02:10 am »
The first thing I want to do is thank everyone for a wonderful year. Throughout 2007, we have been fortunate enough to be able to build countless custom pieces for many Audio Circle members. I want to thank everyone for their continued support and appreciation of our custom products.

Throughout the past several weeks we have been mentioning some big changes for 2008. Over the years, we have tried to balance bringing forth exclusive products, doing modifications as well as being a retail dealer keeping product on the floor for audition. This past year has also proved that retail sales is a very small percentage of our business. Less than 2% to be exact.

In 2008 we will still retain a few retail products but will not be showcasing many of these products on the floor. We will concentrate most of our efforts now on our exclusive and modified products along with our custom modifications.

We are currently putting together a new high-end reference system that wil contain 100% of our upper level exclusive products right down to the cabling.

With the release of the CLS-9 and the consistant popularity of the EXtreme Hurricane modifications and Bella EXtreme 3205 amplifiers, my time is spread pretty thin. I am just now (after two years) finishing up a pair of Bella EXtreme 100 mono blocs for the showroom reference system. Everytime I built a pair of these amps for myself in the past, someone would come along and snag them. I am pulling no stops on this pair now and they will not be for sale. They will be a unique, one-off pair just for me. :wink:

There will also be a few additions to the line as we work on some new custom modification contracts. Look for some new tube CD players, an additional tube preamp and a new hybrid amplifier :wink:

Here is a run-down of what will remain. Each list is in order of popularity. Products highlighted in RED are those we will be focusing most of our energy on as they continue to be our most popular pieces.

Bella Extreme - exclusive

1) Bella EXtreme 3205 amplifiers- our most popular products for over 4 years and still going strong. Several pieces currently on the floor for audition.

2) Audio Note Custom - the newest addition to our custom offerings and becoming a strong product within our line. Full line will be available for audition. A review of the Custom DAC 2.1x Signature Deluxe has already been set up.

3) Bella EXtreme 100 amplifiers - Still popular and we are now offering in custom configurations. Personal custom pair almost done at this time and will be available for audition after the first of the year.

Bella EXtreme - modifications

1) EXtreme ASL Hurricanes - Our top selling but most time consuming modification for the past 18 months. One custom pair will be completed after the first of the year and available for audition.

2) Adagio Extreme modification - gaining in popularity

3) Jolida modification - the most consistant modification since we started these offerings in 1996.

4) Ming-Da preamp modifications - still very popular and a new piece will be added in 2008.

Response Audio (retail products)

1)Jolida (no stock product will be available for audition)
2) Almarro (if they find a US distributor)
3) Antique Sound Labs (no stock products available for audition)
4) ModWright (no product available for audition)
5) Resolution Audio
6) Emerald Physics

Loudspeakers that will be available for audition:

1) Custom Line Source-9 (CLS-9) - custom version of Danny Richie's LS-9 produced in conjunction with Response Audio, Custom Concepts and Jam'n Audio

2) Emerald Physics

3) Musica Bella SP/AV-2 - now discontinued but used in test systems for system testing all modified and exclusive products after assembly has been completed.

Thanks again for a wonderful year.

« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2007, 05:02 am by Response Audio »