Hold All Calls Please!

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
Hold All Calls Please!
« on: 11 Dec 2007, 03:43 am »
Well Friends,

The time has come to say goodbye... until about the end of 2007 anyway.  You are all hereby being officially "notified" that Bob has been condemned to confinement in the SP Tech lab until at least January 1st 2008 - if not a little longer.

Yep... that's it... I can't do it all any longer.  I have a ton of orders to get finished that we are either behind on, way behind on or... WAY WAY behind on.  As most of you know I love chatting and/or e-mailing, but it all has to come to an abrupt stop if we're ever going to get caught up.

The fact is that we just can't hire enough qualified help.  Either guys are on drugs or booze, can't show up or can't use what brains God gave them.  So... the upshot is that I have to be the one to do most of the work.  Sure, I could get decent help if we could pay $40K per year, but even if we could that's absurd for the level of skill required.  What the &%#^ is this country coming to?  No wonder the rest of the world is kicking our butts!  Workers with virtually no skills, knowledge or work ethic expect you to just hand them money for showing up - and that's assuming they even do show up!

Anyway, I'm down off my soapbox (for now).  From here on until further notice, I'm not answering the phone or responding to e-mails until I can find the spare time.  If it's vital I will get back to you ASAP.  If you call just leave a message and if your write, please allow a few days before expecting a response.  I will "paruse" e-mails each day and listen to messages, but unless it's pretty urgent I may not answer back until a few days have passed.

I hope you all understand.  I'm not trying to be a jerk, just trying to fulfill our obligations to our existing customers.  I'm pretty sure of one thing... they'll understand. :wink:

-Bob
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2008, 11:33 pm by SP Pres »

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Hold All Calls Please!
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2007, 05:22 am »
......... :whip:  OK...back to work Bob !!! :whip:

Since I don't call...or email.... :shake:

When my Mini-TP's are ready to ship.....send me a PM or email so I can be home when they arrive. Thanks....and good luck !!  :thumb:

Chris

Karsten

« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2007, 10:44 am »
Hmm, someone should give Bob a good wireless handsfree headset for Christmas, then he could work and talk at the same time :)

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2007, 11:45 am »
Karsten,

Hmm, someone should give Bob a good wireless handsfree headset for Christmas, then he could work and talk at the same time

Nope - don't bother - can't talk and concentrate.  At the speed and level of concentration I have to work at now to catch up, I just need to be left alone in isolation.  Sorry. :cry:

-Bob

Karsten

« Reply #4 on: 11 Dec 2007, 12:04 pm »
Karsten,

Hmm, someone should give Bob a good wireless handsfree headset for Christmas, then he could work and talk at the same time

Nope - don't bother - can't talk and concentrate.  At the speed and level of concentration I have to work at now to catch up, I just need to be left alone in isolation.  Sorry. :cry:

-Bob

I understand Bob. Just go for it, but remember to get a little occational sleep  :wink:

MaxCast

« Reply #5 on: 11 Dec 2007, 01:05 pm »
The fact is that we just can't hire enough qualified help.  Either guys are on drugs or booze, can't show up or can't use what brains God gave them.  So... the upshot is that I have to be the one to do most of the work.  Sure, I could get decent help if we could pay $40K per year, but even if we could that's absurd for the level of skill required.  What the &%#^ is this country coming to?  No wonder the rest of the world is kicking our butts!  Workers with virtually no skills, knowledge or work ethic expect you to just hand them money for showing up - and that's assuming they even do show up!

I heard that.  Deal with it every day.
Hang in there Bob.
Merry Christmas

RodMCV

« Reply #6 on: 11 Dec 2007, 03:11 pm »
I totally understand the need for focus.
All will reap the benefits.
God Speed for you Bob and crew(Jason etal) for the work at hand.
Happy Holidays to all and Family.

Rod

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 11 Dec 2007, 04:09 pm »
Thanks guys!

For all of you that are waiting on product, rest assured that we will be remaining in contact and will notify you well before we are ready to ship or deliver.  The message may be short, but we'll be sure to let you know so that you can make preparations to take delivery.  Besides, some if not most of you will also owe the remainder of the invoice for your order.  Although I've been known to forget even that, the odds are I'll at least remember to contact you regarding the balance owed. :duh: :lol:  If I do happen to forget, well...uhhh...just call me Saint Nick! :thumb:

See ya in '08 !!!
-Bob

miklorsmith

« Reply #8 on: 11 Dec 2007, 04:27 pm »

I heard that.  Deal with it every day.

Oh man, no kidding.  We get nothing but lazy, worthless applicants here.  We even have to hire some.  We have to balance that versus having NO chance to produce.  Why, the other day . . .

what?

Oh, hey boss . . . Nothing, hey, why are you coming over here? . . . Um, it's my e-mail.  Yeah, we have a new account with AudioCircle . . . Never heard of 'em?, well you're gonna . . . Why are you all red? . . . Lazy and worthless my ass, this chair is warm buddy! . . . Pack MY stuff? you pack YOUR stuff you pompous . . . oh, um, gotta run guys.   :D

Hey, Bob, I feel ya.  In my biz we call that "a good problem to have".  It's still a problem though.  Ignore existing customers for the glitz of new accounts at your own peril.  Or don't.   :wink:

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #9 on: 11 Dec 2007, 04:52 pm »
Good move Bob!!  8)  The computer and phone can be such tremendous time suckers! As good faith gestures to reinforce this behaviour, I will refrain from calling, and to insure Bob and crew have a fruitful holiday season, I am sending a check today to cover the lions share of the second half of my balance, even though I know I'm at the tail end of the line for the Minis and do not expect delivery until sometime in January. Anyone else willing to step up to the plate?

RodMCV

« Reply #10 on: 11 Dec 2007, 05:23 pm »
I second the motion.
All in favor say Aye!!

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #11 on: 12 Dec 2007, 12:46 am »
Aye...did it already.   8)

mcullinan

« Reply #12 on: 12 Dec 2007, 01:05 am »
Bob,
The truth is I have a 'I am the Man!' tshirt which I drape over my ever expanding midsection in hoped of gaining superhuman abilities. I am making a bold and noble statement., umm Right Now... I am lending you THE Shirt. Just don't dip you finger in the cheese fry stain, 1 smashed dead Mosquito (last summers kill), Godiva truffle smear, baby puke spot and/ or several dozen other stains of unknown origin. And definitely don't wash it as I am superstitious. Also if your gag reflex kicks in, open a window the smell will die down.

Good luck and remember you are now the man!!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #13 on: 12 Dec 2007, 01:05 am »
Paid in full since day 1 ..... :green:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #14 on: 12 Dec 2007, 01:09 am »
Hey Bob, you need a hottie little secretary to answer the phones. Not to answer any questions rather simply to let callers know you are still around but far too busy to talk.

I know I would get twice as much done without the phone but unfortunately, if my customers were unable to reach me, I think I would have a lot of cancelled deposits as they would probably think I took their money and now sipping Margaritas on a beach in Tahiti :duh:

Oh well, good thing for the invention of the Blue Tooth.

RandyH

« Reply #15 on: 18 Dec 2007, 04:36 pm »
Are you taking orders now?  I tried to contact you by email via your website but the message sent directly to your email address bounced.  Should I call?   :?

2bigears

« Reply #16 on: 18 Dec 2007, 04:46 pm »
 :D   Same boat,what to do ???? think the guys are choppin' some wood and bolting speakers and x-overs at a blinding speed.Computers and phones down :D   Lookin' for some Revs.... :D

Double Ugly

« Reply #17 on: 18 Dec 2007, 04:48 pm »
Are you taking orders now?  I tried to contact you by email via your website but the message sent directly to your email address bounced.  Should I call?   :?

Hi Randy,

Something isn't quite right with their e-mail server.  I get one of these -

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
engineering30
   (reason: Can't create output)
   (expanded from: <engineering@4sptech.com>)

... every time I send Bob an e-mail, and yet I don't believe he's missed one in the four years I've been sending them.

I recommend calling if you haven't heard back from him in a week's time, but for now I wouldn't worry about the bounced message.    :wink:

mcullinan

« Reply #18 on: 18 Dec 2007, 04:51 pm »

Hi Randy,

Something isn't quite right with their e-mail server.  I get one of these -

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
engineering30
   (reason: Can't create output)
   (expanded from: <engineering@4sptech.com>)

... every time I send Bob an e-mail, and yet I don't believe he's missed one in the four years I've been sending them.

I recommend calling if you haven't heard back from him in a week's time, but for now I wouldn't worry about the bounced message.    :wink:
Double,
I think he still receives these emails even though it says it failed. Something to do with the provider. A sucky provider maybe.
Mike

Double Ugly

« Reply #19 on: 18 Dec 2007, 05:27 pm »
Double,
I think he still receives these emails even though it says it failed.

So do I. 

That's what I tried to convey when I said, "... and yet I don't believe he's missed one in the four years I've been sending them."

It may be the ISP, but I think it has something to do with the way Jason set up a redirect.