Glad to be back!

Frank S.

Glad to be back!
« on: 10 Dec 2007, 05:05 am »
After owning the first pair of Continuum A.D.s Bob made a few years back (I sold them), I'm happy to post I'll be back in the SP Tech family with a pair of Continuum 2.5 IIIs (bought the RMAF show pair). I've owned a couple of really good speakers in the interim, but there was always something about the SP Techs that was burned into my brain, and after reading all of the advances Bob has made over the years, I'm excited as heck to get them back in my room.  I have no doubts they are going to awesome.  :thumb:

Here is my AC review of the Continuum A.D.s from a few years ago.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=8852.0

ooheadsoo

Re: Glad to be back!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2007, 05:14 am »
I knew someone was going to get lucky with that show pair.  Great price, and they look incredible. :drool:

Double Ugly

« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2007, 05:19 am »
I knew someone was going to get lucky with that show pair.  Great price, and they look incredible. :drool:

Uh-huh.  :o

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2007, 05:20 am »
Nice to see you posting again Frank.... :thumb:

Those Continuum 2.5 IIIs looked excellent at the show....you got a good deal...and you know what to expect. :rock:

What amp will you be using ? Thanks....enjoy.

Chris

Sorry Frank....Found it......BAT VK-600SE..... 8)

Frank S.

« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2007, 05:24 am »
Thanks Chris.....glad to be back.

BAT VK-600SE and BAT VK-52SE preamp.  I think when I bought the amp I knew at some point I was going back to SP Tech one day...600 w/ch into 4 ohms :banana piano:

Frank S.

« Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 2007, 05:26 am »
Working all night until 7am......looks like I'll be prowling with the Wolf!  :lol:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #6 on: 10 Dec 2007, 05:32 am »
Working all night until 7am......looks like I'll be prowling with the Wolf!  :lol:
..... :thumb:
Frank....
You have owned many systems over the years...all quality stuff....is there a certain sound that your looking for ? Thanks.... :wink:

Frank S.

« Reply #7 on: 10 Dec 2007, 06:29 am »
I think I had a sound I liked over the last few years, but always changed the gear around for some stupid reason or another.  Sometimes you get on the merry go round and it's hard to get off. 

As far as the sound I like...........very dynamic, full range, coherent, tonal accuracy, great imaging and soundstaging, razor sharp focus, deep, impactful and tuneful bass, lots of detail with no listening fatigue, and above all, the sound must connect me to the music. I know it when I hear it!  I guess not that easy when you add it all up, but I've had it before in my room and fully expect it with the SP Techs.

Frank S.

« Reply #8 on: 10 Dec 2007, 06:34 am »
I must add in speaking with Bob again, I am simply amazed by his passion, knowledge, and desire to deliver the best speaker he can to his customers. 

shokunin

« Reply #9 on: 10 Dec 2007, 06:40 am »
Hey Frank,

Congrats on the Continuums!  I use a pair of old-school Timepiece 2.0 in my office, wonderful bass and coherency even when it's 60-70db....  did you end up selling your MM3's?

Glenn

lonewolfny42

« Reply #10 on: 10 Dec 2007, 06:43 am »
Thanks Frank....enjoy your new system.... :beer:

Frank S.

« Reply #11 on: 10 Dec 2007, 06:54 am »
You'll have to stop over and hear how your NY Rave discs sound.  Plenty of great music to listen to that's for sure. :drool:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #12 on: 10 Dec 2007, 07:05 am »
You'll have to stop over and hear how your NY Rave discs sound.  Plenty of great music to listen to that's for sure. :drool:
Thanks....You should hold a Rave when your all set up Frank.... :wink:

Frank S.

« Reply #13 on: 10 Dec 2007, 07:29 am »
Hey Frank,

Congrats on the Continuums!  I use a pair of old-school Timepiece 2.0 in my office, wonderful bass and coherency even when it's 60-70db....  did you end up selling your MM3's?

Glenn

Hey Glenn!  Sure did.  They sold in four days. With all the latest upgrades and changes with SP tech, I'm expecting some great sound.......hopefully better than the MM3s.  aa  George's golden ears can be the independent arbiter on that one since he would have heard both in my room.  :wink:

RodMCV

« Reply #14 on: 10 Dec 2007, 07:38 pm »
Hi Frank,

I didn't know you left, but you sure got a beautiful set of speakers.
These you gonna love a lot more then before.
Sounds like a great set for prea/amp too.
Now of course I'm a nubie to this group but I have been to your speaker's birth place and saw them being readied for the RMAF in early October. Gorgeous looks for sure.

Rod

reefrus

« Reply #15 on: 10 Dec 2007, 08:02 pm »
Hi Frank,

Welcome back and good to see you here again. :drums: :guitar: :violin:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #16 on: 10 Dec 2007, 08:06 pm »
After owning the first pair of Continuum A.D.s Bob made a few years back (I sold them), I'm happy to post I'll be back in the SP Tech family with a pair of Continuum 2.5 IIIs (bought the RMAF show pair). I've owned a couple of really good speakers in the interim, but there was always something about the SP Techs that was burned into my brain, and after reading all of the advances Bob has made over the years, I'm excited as heck to get them back in my room.  I have no doubts they are going to awesome.  :thumb:

Here is my AC review of the Continuum A.D.s from a few years ago.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=8852.0

Back like a bad penny!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding Frank.

Can't wait to come down and hear this setup.

George

mcullinan

« Reply #17 on: 11 Dec 2007, 01:46 am »
Frank,
Congrats! Let us know your impressions... I am getting the same pair due to arrive the end of January!!
Mike

mfsoa

« Reply #18 on: 11 Dec 2007, 02:15 am »
Mike,
Official rave or not, I gotta hear those things someday!

Mike

mcullinan

« Reply #19 on: 11 Dec 2007, 02:23 am »
Mike,
Official rave or not, I gotta hear those things someday!

Mike
Mike
I will try to have a few people over. How long does chloroform knock someone out for(wife). LOL
mike