Congratulations are in order!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Congratulations are in order!
« on: 7 Dec 2007, 07:20 pm »
Hi guys!

The folks at "Positive-Feedback" have released their Writers Choice Awards for 2007 and have included the open baffle Hawthorne Duets in their list. I see this as a major accomplishment to be on the same page as a pair of $250,000 speakers. I'd like to personally congratulate the Hawthorne's on receiving this award. Not too shabby for a young company's first release. I am especially proud to see this product recognized since I have some. Although I don't have the Duets, I have the same drivers found in the Duets. As many mistakes as I've made in this hobby, it's nice to see the experts confirm what I've discovered for myself, that this is a fine product.

Here's the link. The Duets are about 1/4 the way down the page.
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue34/awards.htm

Bob

scorpion

Re: Congratulations are in order!
« Reply #1 on: 7 Dec 2007, 11:17 pm »
Bob,

You are certainly right. This is an achievment for OB speakers. Problem is how they possibly could award any prize to a non OB speaker having heard the Hawthornes ?

/Erling

hurdy_gurdyman

« Reply #2 on: 8 Dec 2007, 05:41 pm »
Bob,

You are certainly right. This is an achievment for OB speakers. Problem is how they possibly could award any prize to a non OB speaker having heard the Hawthornes ?

/Erling
Erling,

I can certainly relate to that! To date, I haven't heard a non-OB that can sound as natural as a decent OB.

Dave

zipidachimp

« Reply #3 on: 8 Dec 2007, 08:42 pm »
hear, hear ! I put my paradigms in storage :lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2007, 09:49 pm »
For $250,000 I'd imagine they are used by a different clientele than a ~$1,000 pair of Hawthornes.
I suppose they had to give awards that fit a wide demographic. Since there's no quarter million dollar OBs, they had to give it to somebody.  :lol:

Bob

scorpion

« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2007, 11:05 pm »
Bob,

I think you are right !

/Erling