Preamp Recommendations?

Airborn

Re: Preamp Recommendations?
« Reply #20 on: 10 Dec 2007, 07:28 am »
no phono stage on the Candela
You're right Chris, I guess I was confused when I thought the Candela had an optional phono stage. :duh:

I think I read this earlier thread wrongly as implying the Candela would have a phono stage in the future.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=37002.0

Too bad, because I am sure any phono stage from Klaus would be killer!  :guitar:

Its ok for me though, because I can still audition the Candela, as I have a separate phono pre.  Also, I did receive nice replies from both Vlad and Dr. Lloyd, so I'll be checking out the Audio Mirror and Mapletree pre's as well.

Airborn

Re: Preamp Recommendations?
« Reply #21 on: 21 Dec 2007, 05:54 am »
After numerous discussions with various preamp manufacturers, I finally pulled the trigger on a Mapletree Ultra 4A SE preamp + PS 2 power supply from Dr. Lloyd Peppard.  :thumb:  What's so great about the manufacturers here at AC is that I got to correspond by telephone or email directly with the owners of each business and each one gave generously of his time to discuss their products, my system, my listening preferences, etc. Try to do that with any mass market manufacturer. :roll:

Thanks for all the recommendations and thanks to Klaus and Odyssey for making such great amps. :thankyou: