2B SST - Capability?

Lavazza

2B SST - Capability?
« on: 5 Dec 2007, 02:42 am »
Hi all,

Looking for new speakers and could use some input on what the 2B SST limits are, what it will drive well at mid volume levels ? (classical and jazz). Room is 11x19x8.

Wanted to go to full range speakers from monitors and could use some help and suggestions as a starting point to do demos. Budget up to 3K.

Equipment: BP6 / 2B SST / MF X-Ray CDP / MD-90 Tuner / 8TC

Thanks to all

grsimmon

• Restricted
  • Omni - the best way forward
Re: 2B SST - Capability?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Dec 2007, 07:40 am »
By chance I have very similar parameters as yours:  same amp,  almost identical room dimensions,  and I never listen beyond mid-volume levels.   For speakers I have PMC FB1+ and I'm very happy with the match between them.   They retail for $3.3K but can be had for less via demos, sales and used models.  Right now I think they have some at Acoustic Sounds.com. 

Although the 2BSST is "only" rated for 100 watts at 8 ohms,   I've never needed more than that.   It's just a smart, clean amp that can power plenty of "regular" speakers that don't need 500 watts etc.  , listeners that go for mid to mid-high volume,  or in moderate sized listening rooms.  With that in mind I'm guessing you'll have plenty of speakers to choose from.